PDA

View Full Version : lights

TRAILGUY
02-03-2010, 05:39 AM
Justs got lights and one plug power up in the sugar shack. 135 on tubes ready to tap. 50 more buckets ready to hang. Trees are dropping to thin for more taps next year. Wife is happy I am out of her hair. Arms heal. Got to love it. Ready to make stream.

vtsnowedin
02-03-2010, 07:23 AM
What are you using for lights and where did you place them in relation to the draw-offs? I mounted two ceiling boxes on a cross tie over the isle near each draw-off. I've got twisted floresent bulbs in them now and when I test boiled the other day they wern't cutting through the steam well at all. I may have to move them in to directly above the float box or switch to small flood lights. Of course the next boil I'll have the cupola fully open and maybe the steam problem will rise up and leave. I started pulling out laterals getting ready to tap yesterday. 25 down 275 to go.

maplwrks
02-03-2010, 10:37 AM
Put in some quartz halogen spot lights, they'll cut the steam.

markct
02-06-2010, 10:18 AM
for lights in my sugarhouse i have the spiral flourecent ones, 3 of them,this works good because since my whole sugarhouse is on a 20 amp cord they dont draw much power which i need to run the blowers and pump. for under the front steam hood i have a 4 1/2 inch dia led truck backup light, and it is powered by a 12v transformer which i also use to power my low sap in the flue pan alarm. the light works great, its bright, unbreakable, watertight and only about 30 bucks

WESTVIRGINIAMAPLER
02-06-2010, 02:34 PM
That is a great idea for a waterproof light!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sapman
02-06-2010, 05:57 PM
When I remodeled my sugarhouse, I used T4 flourescent fixtures. I've been very happy with them.

markct
02-06-2010, 07:10 PM
That is a great idea for a waterproof light!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yea it worked great, and seems to take the heat without a problem. the great thing about the led lights is they take hardly any power so you can run them off just a plug in wall transformer from an old electronic device or whatever