PDA

View Full Version : Shipping!!!

red maples
01-31-2010, 07:35 PM
So as you all already know I am new to the little guy business venture arena.

Are there any laws in shipping to other states? I know many do it, but is there anything I need to know before I offer it!!! or do the lawschange state to state?

3rdgen.maple
01-31-2010, 07:39 PM
Red I am thinking since they call it the U.S. post office it will be the same for all the states. Sorry had to say it but as far as regulations for selling syrup in other states go I do believe as long as you abide by your states ag laws you are fine. Then again I am not always correct.

KenWP
02-01-2010, 05:42 AM
Seems like guns are the only no no in the Etats Unis . That and fruit to California. I wouldn't get to worried about it.

gmcooper
02-01-2010, 06:26 AM
Maybe some from VT will chime in but I thought VT has the toughest regulations and they include shipping into VT. I might be wrong.

farmall h
02-01-2010, 05:34 PM
I send out syrup to Conn.,Rhode Island.,Mass., and even sent a gal. to California. Shipped it UPS. Nobody arrested me...yet. It wasn't for sale..it went as X-mas "gifts".

Mike Van
02-05-2010, 06:25 AM
As far as I know there are no special rules. USPS has a priority mail flatrate box that holds 2 half gals nicely, it's a bargain too as thats like 13 pounds. At the counter, they ask if what you are sending is liquid, fragile or hazardous. When gas spiked in 2008, I found UPS rates too high - And they stayed there too! Fed EX has the best rates going I found. Check out that flatrate box if you haven't. Hawaii has regs on plants & seeds, both in & out of there.