PDA

View Full Version : High vacuum on an electric releaser

Mark
01-30-2010, 12:11 PM
I have had problems with the seals leaking on a Goulds pump when I get over 23 inches. Leader says they don't have that problem with their thermoplastic pump. This year I am going to a 2 stage vacuum pump so I know I will have a problem but do not want to go to a mechanical releaser.
In an old CDL catalog they have a tube with a submersible well pump in it that is plumbed to the bottom of the releaser, does any one use one or know of one being used?

doocat
01-30-2010, 12:33 PM
In vermont I met a guy that installs submersible pumps in his releasers. This system overcomes the issues with the external motor for sap evacuation. They work very well and there is a local manufacturer. I think you will see this technology soon at the big manufacturers.

maplwrks
01-30-2010, 04:11 PM
Lapierre is putting pumps inside all of their larger electric releasers now.

maplecrest
01-30-2010, 05:09 PM
you could use a deep well pump in your releaser. you will need a float switch, and a controller. i was at belows falls maple school today talking to glen goodrich about the external pumps as you are taking about and high vac. he uses the same releaser you have now in a heated room and a goulds external pump rated to over come the high vac levels. give him a call 1800 639 1854 and ask him about your problem and he could solve the releaser you have with the right pump and his ideas. i saw pics of one of his set ups and it has to be in a temp. controled environment to work well.

Amber Gold
01-30-2010, 07:33 PM
maplecrest, Alden and I were at Bellows Falls today. Good talks. Were there any other traders there? We met someone from Bedford, NH

Dill
01-30-2010, 08:52 PM
It was "WildAcres" from Bedford.
I swear we need to do a better job carpooling to these things.
Oh and we did a good job supporting Alstead's limited local economy.

maplemaple2020
01-31-2010, 06:52 AM
ive made an electric releaser with a sump pump and a bucket WITH A LID for vacuum she woks fine i get 5 gals of sap it kicks in and shoots it in the tank:D