PDA

View Full Version : SMALL cans any experience?

barkeatr
01-30-2010, 08:09 AM
we find many canadian producers, across the border from us in Upstate ny, seem to use the small metal cans to sell thier syrup. I have researched it a bit..there is a manual can sealer out there for 250.0...

anyway, does anyone have experienced with these? pros and cons?

KenWP
01-30-2010, 08:21 AM
You have to put the cans in a water bath after sealing to stop it cooking dark on you. I get asked for cans all the time here and I did mine in bottles. That and I get asked for my price for 8 cans which is a gallon up here all the time also.

jdj
01-31-2010, 12:21 AM
Barkeatr,
Where in Frankliin county are you? I'm in Brandon, just south of bangor

Russell Lampron
01-31-2010, 05:16 AM
Cans rust if they sit around on the shelf too long. If you have new ones in storage and they get damp they will rust too. The can maker has had problems with chemical odors in the cans lately as well. Pack in plastic or glass for best results.

barkeatr
03-05-2010, 01:59 PM
any OTHER comments on the ivesway can sealer and selling syrup by the can. I know several upstate NY ers that go to canada just because they like the Quebec cans. im wondering how difficult it is to fill the can and run the sealer...

thanks

KenWP
03-05-2010, 03:21 PM
They are fairly easy to fill and seal but friggen hot cans are so much fun to handle unless you go automatic.