PDA

View Full Version : Looking for old posts on Vac Pump control

HazensNotchSugarShack
01-28-2010, 05:23 PM
I have been trying to find old posts on controlling vac pumps. I am planning on useing the farmtek thermostat controller with a magnetic motor controller but want to avoid granger and the high prices. Also has anyone seen any posts on controlling the vac from the sap flow from an electric releaser? I appreciate all help!

arcticmaple8
02-21-2010, 10:11 PM
if you want to control your vac pump off of a thermostat you can just use a contactor, break the coil voltage with the thermostat make sure the coil voltage matches the thermostat specs. A contactor is less than a 100 bucks and grainger ussually has cheaper thermostats than farmtek

michelle32
02-22-2010, 07:57 AM
If you go to Tuckermtn, Eric Johnson he has a thread from last year on this. Go to his treads and on page six there is something about this. He also has other stuff on it just no time to find it right now. Keith

red maples
02-22-2010, 09:45 AM
here is a web site its a farm supply online just go to the home page from this link. they have reasonable prices.

http://www.partsdeptonline.com/cgi-bin/store/commerce.cgi?product=117&cart_id=7760217.20769&exact_match=on/

tuckermtn
02-22-2010, 08:38 PM
I used a Johnson Controls 419 programable thermastat to open/close a contactor. made a little house for the pump and mounted it all in grey metal electrical enclosure. Been very happy with this set up so far.