PDA

View Full Version : Candy Drop Funnel

Amber Gold
01-28-2010, 12:29 PM
I'm looking to get into candy/cream making this year. I need to get a candy drop funnel but they cost $150...kind of pricey and not in stock. Does anyone know of a good substitute?

Thanks

michelle32
01-28-2010, 12:38 PM
Josh' Theres a place next to Grappone toyota in Bow can't remember the name. They sell use kitchen stuff. You maybe able to find one there or something in place of one. Keith

Bucket Head
01-28-2010, 09:31 PM
Are you talking about the funnel that Leader sells? I thought about trying one of those too.

Steve

Father & Son
01-29-2010, 04:40 AM
If you are talking hard candy, I bought the large $15.75 funnel (not that big) on this page
http://www.sugarcraft.com/catalog/candies/hardcndy.htm

When I make small batches of maple sugar candy I use a 2 cup pyrex measuring cup. Boil in a pan on the stove then put it in the pyrex cup, stir, and pour into molds

Jim

Amber Gold
01-29-2010, 06:50 AM
Thanks F&H, that'll work. The maple ones are stainless, with a wooden dowel, and I think they're a bit bigger. But I'd rather pay $15.75 vs. $150, even if it means smaller batches.

If you are talking hard candy, I bought the large $15.75 funnel (not that big) on this page
http://www.sugarcraft.com/catalog/candies/hardcndy.htm

When I make small batches of maple sugar candy I use a 2 cup pyrex measuring cup. Boil in a pan on the stove then put it in the pyrex cup, stir, and pour into molds

Jim

softmaple
01-29-2010, 08:16 AM
we have 2, 1 quart stainless steel pots made by cuisinart ( i think) found at Bed Bath and Beyond ( I think), it has a pouring lip on each side and works great for small batches of candy. usually 2 sheets of molds. with about 2 cups of syrup. we have 2 because as one is cooling the other one is heating and it goes quicker, we also found that the 1 quart pot is just right for pouring to solidification timing. if it solidifies in the pan before i can get it all out i just ad more syrup and reheat it no waste. the funnel dropper i found was more wastfull and had to clean it to reuse it.