PDA

View Full Version : valve for metal

stoweski
01-26-2010, 06:37 PM
Looking at adding a valve to my turkey fryer so I can empty the pot after I finish the syrup. I need to drill a hole in the pot but I'm wondering how to connect a ball valve to the round pot without it leaking. Anyone done this before?

I'm sure it's something as simple as a nipple with two rubber washers and nuts or something along those lines but I'm concerned with it leaking. Is there such thing as a rubber washer that is concave on one side?

Thanks,
Keith

Dan W
01-26-2010, 07:15 PM
Do a search for weldless bulkhead fittings. Brewing supply places have them. I can't create a link to the 2 sites I have but you'll find them. I have been considering these as well. Drill a hole, install fitting, done-no welding!! Hope this helps, Dan.

jrthe3
01-26-2010, 07:24 PM
drill the whole and tap it with a pipe tap i do it all the the time to make candle wax melter work great

markct
01-26-2010, 07:56 PM
mcmaster carr part # 9013t11 is a coffee pot type valve, made to mount thru a thin metal container, works good i have one on my bottler, not thru the wall but in an adapter after the ball valve, works great and doesnt drip and dribble like the ball valve and elbow did

Dill
01-26-2010, 07:57 PM
I did the home brewing tapless fitting last year for my homemade preheater. It works well.

stoweski
01-28-2010, 04:02 PM
Thanks for the advice guys. I'll browse through the suggestions and come up with a fix.

Headed to Bascom's on Saturday... time to re-mortgage the house!