PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Me!!

red maples
01-26-2010, 05:04 PM
So I was taking advantage of the warm weather today and went back and cut down a few more trees(all dead still thinning) got one hung up but a little work got it down.

SO anyway I ran out of gas and had to sharpen the chain anyway. Run to the general store get gas mix it up. grab my bar oil and gas can and head back to the woods. get back there fill 'er up adn she won't start pull and pull still won't start. finally after 20 minuted arms about to fall off.

I put the bar oil in the gas tank and gas in the bar oil tank:emb: stupid and pissed off. go home clean everything out. take off the carb to get to the fuel line make sure everthing is ok. back together. started up first pull smoked like crazy all fixed!!!!

Ya know dumd things like that never do that...I must have been looking up at my maples!!!!

KenWP
01-26-2010, 05:17 PM
Bend over and let the rest of us have a turn booting you. I can just see this. I tried to start a old chainsaw last fall and never noticed it never had a fuel line. Hmmmmmmm.
What pray tell is bar oil made of anyways.

Haynes Forest Products
01-26-2010, 05:40 PM
The first real Chainsaw I had was a McCullough PRO1010 1973 with a chain brake and I walked back into the woods down the beach to get a good log for my cabin and after about 10 min I got it stuck and then it froze up in the log and quit turning so I pumped the oiler and hit the chain on the log and it was still froze up from overheating so I went into the lake to cool the bar down NO LUCK finaly I walked out to the truck and took the chain cover off or should I say I tried to take the cover off:mad: TURNS OUT you cant take them off with the chain brake on:emb:

Sent the wife with a can of 2 cycle oil over to a friends shop to fill the snowmobil and about a Hr and Half she comes walking back and said she filled it with the GREEN nozzel and it started and then quit:o :mad:
Its good to see someone as well.............. unlucky as me.

ehausinfrats
01-26-2010, 05:50 PM
No matter how hard we try to get things done Murhpy's law takes over.
Also it always the simple things overlooked vrs complex.

Eric

kcompo
01-26-2010, 06:16 PM
Well the good thing is . You still have a saw to use. If you would have put staight gas in your saw you wound'nt have for very long:o

farmall h
01-26-2010, 06:29 PM
Been there done that. I smoked a $720.00 Husqvarna. It was because I drank too much coffee and too many donuts @ the mini-mart. Forgot to put the mix in the can.....live & learn I guess:mad: :(

markct
01-26-2010, 08:04 PM
at work one time we were cutting brush and me and another guy thats our helper and parts runner in the shop were working together, saw was low on gas so he took it back to where the gas can was and filled it with gas and bar oil. brought it back to me, i started using it and it ran ok but i was thinkin i could smell gas, then it started smoking and bogging just a bit, not real bad, kept cutting and then the bar lit up with flames slinging off all around it and i realized what had happened! drained the two tanks and refilled and kept on cutting!

RileySugarbush
01-26-2010, 08:12 PM
My son asked his two buddies to go out and gas up the snowmobiles. Being novices and somewhat in the dark figuratively and literally, they opened the hoods and filled the only tanks they saw. Fortunately, he walked out and saw the hoods up before they were done.

Siphoned the gas off the oil and all is well. Could have seized up two engines!

Stickey
01-26-2010, 09:14 PM
Woke up at 4 am freezing a couple of days ago. Hmmm furnace must be out. No indicator lights are on, she isn't getting power. Break out the tools and start tracing backwards from the furnace....nothing, nothing Hmmm. What the heck? Rip apart aqua stat all connections good, but no live power. How about the relays....every thing looks good, but why no power? Start from the panel, pull the cover off, test the breaker with multi meter, it's fine. Baffled, been at it for an hour and wife is leaving for work so I have the kids. Poor kids are going to freeze, I'll have to call some one in to fix it, I hate that (failure). Son of a gun what about the emergency switch on the first floor, behind the mitten basket that was revenged for sledding yesterday afternoon? I'll be ****ed! :mad: :emb:

3rdgen.maple
01-26-2010, 09:31 PM
Red I did the same thing a few years ago with a brand new Johnsered. After tearing it all apart and cleaning it never ran the same. Took it to the dealer and he tore it apart and had the same results. It seemed the longer I cut with it the less power it had. Went back and traded it in. When I was into snowmobile racing I tore a brand new motor apart and put 1500 bucks worth of high performance parts in it and first time out I seized it up. Learned a pretty quick lesson. Do not forget to pull the plug out of the oil injection tank fitting before you put the hose back on. So I rebuilt the **** motor again and because the pump ran dry it seized it up. Well after the 3rd time of rebuilding that motor I decided to run premix. Still own that sled and get it out a few times a year and man it scares the crap out of you. What the heck was I ever thinking in the first place.

red maples
01-27-2010, 03:08 PM
today I ran 3 tanks of gas through it runs like a champ again smoked a little until all the bar oil was gone.

last year I was putting an exhaust fan in the bathroom same day that we got that really cold day -18F. Well I went down stairs get get something and I heat most of the house with the woodstove but the boiler is for water and back-up heat well anyway when I was down there It went to kick on but there was a chattering noise coming from the relay switch not knowing why I went to get a new relay switch putit in same thing. well some of you already know. I called my boiler guy and he said hold up the phone to thet noise he knew right away something touching something it shouldn't in the wire and reversed the electrial flow and stopped at the relay!!! found it fixed it ooppss:rolleyes: