PDA

View Full Version : arch ?

John Burton
02-16-2005, 09:46 PM
i was considering changing my arch next season from the old style to the new straight sided kind. would i be better to trade this arch or sell it private sale?what would a fully bricked 2x6 arch 6 years old in above average condition be worth?

GregMVT
02-17-2005, 04:39 AM
It might be worth checking with Bascom's to see if they would take it in trade on the new style arch. I'm not sure if they offer the 10% off on arches during the open house they have every year but if they do then it would help make up for some of the loss of trading in versus a private sale.

brookledge
02-17-2005, 04:22 PM
Why do you want to get rid of it? If it is in above average condition why not keep it. A standard arch will be about $1,000.00 unless you are going to get an air tight inferno type about$2,00.00. I know that the new style have a wider fire box but I don't know if it will increase your capacity that much.

WESTVIRGINIAMAPLER
02-17-2005, 06:23 PM
John,

I have the new style arch and I have never boiled with the old style, but if you wan't to spend that kind of money, keep your arch and get an airtight front and a blower for the back. I don't think the new arch is worth the extra it would cost you! :?