PDA

View Full Version : deleval 74

backyardsugarer
01-22-2010, 12:40 PM
Anyone use one of these models? I have on with a 1 1/2 horse electric pump and it claims 14cfm. All i have to do is fix the oiling mechanism and it is ready to go.

Chris

Haynes Forest Products
01-22-2010, 12:53 PM
Nice find 14CFM is nice BUT you wony need the CFMs because you have a nice tight system RIGHT. Whats wrong with the oiler. Lets see some picks

backyardsugarer
01-22-2010, 12:58 PM
I would post pictures but this site says they are too big? The oiler base is cracked so I have to figure our a fix so the unit (which is about a pint of oil) can sit on top and slowly feed it. My system could not be any tighter than it is right now. I hope the squirrels are good to me through the season. I will be using an SP 11 unless this one turns out to be a better fit.

Chris

Haynes Forest Products
01-22-2010, 01:08 PM
So its the base of the oiler that is cracked? if so you can get them on Ebay. you can also just replace with a small needle valve and a bigger container.

backyardsugarer
01-22-2010, 01:38 PM
Ok, I will check e-bay as it is only the base.

Chris

mountainvan
01-22-2010, 04:45 PM
I had a crack in one of my oil reclaimers. fixed it with JB weld, worked very well.

Haynes Forest Products
01-22-2010, 05:27 PM
Backyarder Before you get involved in buying a new oiler. Are you going to use that type system to run the pump. You might want to upgrade to a larger oil tank. I dont know how long you will get out of the small oiler under higher vacuum. You dont want to baby sit it all day. Whats the RPMs of the motor? Must be slow being direct drive. Thats good its the high HGs that will call for more oil.

backyardsugarer
01-23-2010, 07:20 PM
I burns very little oil. I have a 1.5 Horse electric on it but according to the information stamped on the plate you can go as small as .5 horse but the cfm's suffer. I would be happy to fix the base and sell the deleval or the sp 22 that I have. My shack is getting cramped with that new 2 X 8 setting in their.

Chris

Haynes Forest Products
01-24-2010, 12:48 AM
OK so its the cast iron base that is the resivoir. First you dont burn the oil it becomes mist and blows away at the higher HGs. Why not JB as stated and get it going there nice old pumps with the right oil cooling. If you want to see a over built beast that runs all day without a regulator check out my fotobucket.

gdtowne
01-28-2010, 09:43 AM
Haynes,

that vacuum looks like a set-up I am trying to get together. I don't know the make of my pump yet, but it originally had a 5 hp electric on it. I was thinking of putting an 11 hp gas on it, but found a free 14 hp motor, but am not sure if that is overpowered (if that is such a thing.) Additionally, relating to this topic, I do not understand yet if the pump needs oil or if it is air cooled. It is a rotary pump, and I suppose the farmer I'm getting it from should know. Good to know that its a beast and will run all day with no problem. Also, how did you figure your pully-size on the gas engine. It seems to me that it depends on if you run it wide-open or not. Good to see a similar set-up, I might have a little trouble getting it together and working right. Also, how many inches of Hg are you running with that pump?
Gerry

Haynes Forest Products
01-28-2010, 11:49 AM
Im sure that its a oil drip pump. Once again you can run it witha V8 just dont overspeed it. These pumps dont need alot of RPMs to make good vacuum and moderate CFMs. I run my 9HP a littl over idle and it makes 26HGs with my hand over the intake when is out in the bush it runs all day at 24. I just went with what the manf. said was a good RPM. They dont have to be screaming to do the job. This pump will make nice vacuum at low RPMs. Oil is the key to running them 24/7 with higher HGs

backyardsugarer
01-28-2010, 12:36 PM
I did check out your photos, wow it is a beast. Since you run vac that high on it I am going to drag mine out of the shack and get working on the oiler this weekend. I can only run about 20" with my spll so 24" - 27" sure would be nice. I am sure I will have some more ?'s for you over the weekend. The base of the oil dripper is not metal. I went to e-bay and did not find anything that looked like it.

Chris

farmall h
01-28-2010, 06:35 PM
Anybody have a UNIVERSAL pump. I just dug our old spare one from the farm out. Rolaids removed the pump & oiler unit. Gonna install it in place of the small vac pump currently in use. The tank was rusted through...pump sounds good though. It is a monster compared to the other!

vtmaplemaker
01-28-2010, 06:50 PM
Anybody have a UNIVERSAL pump. I just dug our old spare one from the farm out. Rolaids removed the pump & oiler unit. Gonna install it in place of the small vac pump currently in use. The tank was rusted through...pump sounds good though. It is a monster compared to the other!

I have a old monster Massport... are you lookoing to purchase one? msg me

farmall h
01-28-2010, 08:09 PM
No...I need to know if anybody has one in use and how much vacuum it puts to the line. Does it need to be regulated?