PDA

View Full Version : New to Vacuum

steamvalleyFarms
01-22-2010, 11:26 AM
I have never done anything with vacuum, but was able to obtain a old Gast 63 pump(picture included) . Anyways I am hoping someone can answer some questions about it. Besides a releaser what do I need to get this thing working? What type of oil do i need to put in it? Do I need some type of regulator on it, to regulate vacuum pressure? How many taps should it be able to handle? Any information that can be given on it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Haynes Forest Products
01-22-2010, 12:48 PM
Gast web site is the best start. Well the best start is all the tools you have to get it cleaned. First dont run it without some oil in the pump. 30wht non detergent is a good start. I would get the oil resivoir clean blow out the copper lines and make sure the oiler works. you can start by squirting some oil in the intake side of the pump. It looks like the oil hits the bearings first and then gets to the vanes from there. Just run it for a awhile and let the thing warm up and loosen up. The glass jar is the oil reclaimer. You will under the pressent way the pump is oiled you need a vacuum releaser. What ever the Manf. says to set the regulater at is what you should do. You can rework the oilers and collection method and up the HGs. Get a guage on it and for a few minets you can run it comletely blocked off to see what its able to pull.

Haynes Forest Products
01-22-2010, 12:51 PM
I would also pull the oil lines off and make sure that they are not cloged just put some air to the lines and listen to the intake pipe and you will hear air. Thats a nice find...................HOW MUCH???