PDA

View Full Version : leader 3/4 hp vacuum pump

sgsommers
01-21-2010, 02:28 PM
Does anyone have any feed back about the little, oil cooled, electric 3/4 hp vacuum pump that leader sells? Has this been a reliable unit? There would be approx 500 -600 taps on this system. According to the catalogs it should be of adequate size. Pump would sit beside and coupled to a double vertical releaser.

Comments welcome.
Thanks
Steve

caseyssugarshack93
01-21-2010, 02:37 PM
if its the one im thinking of it is 8 cfm= good for 800 taps, So it would work great on that many, I have hurd that the airblo flood systems Which that pump is and reliable, and can run 24/7

maplemat1
01-21-2010, 09:08 PM
my bother and sister-in -law have one they have been useing it for three years with no problem their has and auto on switch on it which will start when the sap starts to run. good luck on what ever you choose .

Haynes Forest Products
01-22-2010, 12:16 AM
SGSommers Now let me see with all the equipment I see in your Sugar Mc Mansion your asking a bunch of yahoos about a little vacuum pump:) I cant stand it I have to say this just for SH#^%^TS and GIGGLES. So here goes when are you going to learn to finish in your evaporator and skip the finish set up you have:lol:

But seriously NICE set up and it looks like you designed subs for a living

batsofbedlam
01-22-2010, 08:27 AM
I have used this unit for 5 years, and it has run flawlessly. I have the vacuum pump near my sugar house and run the vacuum 660' in 1 1/4" line to the releaser. I have over 300 taps on the system and get 21" of vacuum at my most distant tap. The pump has almost tripled the amount of sap I get as compared to gravity flow.

sugarmaker43
01-22-2010, 09:14 AM
I also have used one for the last three years that has probably a little over 600 taps on it. I have had no problems with it with a single mechanical vertical releaser. I did get mine from D&G and saved about $500 over Leader for the same unit as far as I could tell.

sgsommers
01-22-2010, 08:20 PM
Sounds like a pretty good pump/setup. I believe I will give it a try. The fellow that has it for sale lost his tapping rights to the woods he tapped. Bummer.

OK Haynes I do use a finish pan, it is a long story but the short of it is I had the unit on hand when I switched everything around in the sugarhouse, RO different evaporator,etc. You guys understand the disease. So I thought why not couple it to the evap. I don't reverse flow either. I just clean the finisher with permeate or put the other pan on. The other reason is when I repack syrup out of my drums in the off season I use the finisher to heat up the syrup, then I run it through the filter press and into the canner.

Thanks for all the input.

Steve

Haynes Forest Products
01-22-2010, 09:03 PM
I think we are on the same page. Nice set up all very clean. do you give tours from the walkway in the back?