PDA

View Full Version : 'bout time

Woody
01-21-2010, 06:44 AM
Well I haven't even got out fishing one time this year and it's already sap season...just about anyway. Last year was my first sap year and I borrowed metal buckets and taps from a friend and we used his home made evaporator and made about 80 gallons. He's tapping his reds this year and using his equip. so I got my own stuff and am using 5 gallon buckets with Dan's swing bucket technique, some bags with pvc holders and also some tubing runs into barrels and totes. Got a 4 wheeler and another buddy is building me a trailer to haul it around and I think I've sort of got the whole routine figured out in my head. Got more trees than I can manage but they're in little woods spread around so the trailer is critical. Was going to buy an evaporator but might wait till next year. My friends going to cook my sap for half which seems fair all considered. Can't really think of any questions just felt like talking about things. More later.

Haynes Forest Products
01-21-2010, 09:06 AM
Another member of the witness protection program hiding out in Wisc doing maple syrup:)

dschultz
01-22-2010, 07:26 AM
Woody
Glad to see things are going in the right direction for you.How many taps you putting out?
Save the money from your syrup sales and buy a evaporator next year.
Danny