PDA

View Full Version : It has only taken me 3 years!!!

Doc
01-19-2010, 09:50 PM
Hello all!!!

Just wanted to share the last few years with my wonderful friends here on my journey into this never ending "hobby."
2008:
5 taps and buckets, 1 turkey fryer, 2 tanks of propane and a 20 hour marathon boil :o that yielded almost 2 quarts of the blackest, best tasting maple syrup I have ever had. :)
2009:
Moved into a lake house right in the middle of syrup season. No boiling for me. :cry: Couldn't tell you which box my stuff was in anyway.
2010:
Bought a gently used Mason "1/2 Pint" style hobby evaporator, just bought 50plastic buckets, 4-50 gallon plastic barrels and ordered 60 tree saver taps, 500' of line for drops, bunch of quart plastic syrup containers, hydrometer, scoop, etc and I'm awaiting their arrival to begin tapping the 50+ maples down by the lake in my back yard.
Still married and she actually says she is excited to help make some syrup. She says that now.:D
2011:
Well, that has yet to be determined. Can you say....upgrade!!!???

Thanks for all the great help and information. You all are great!!!

Daryl
01-19-2010, 10:31 PM
Doc,
You sure added to the the equiptment since Sunday. That big Maple Bug sure did bite. Hope you can make it to the meeting on Saturday. Good luck on the adventure.
Daryl

smitty76
01-20-2010, 06:22 AM
Well doc, with any luck her excitment may get her bit too.

Good luck and have fun

Smitty76