PDA

View Full Version : Information for a small Virginia Mapler

gmarvin
01-18-2010, 08:32 PM
would anyone have information on the regulations to sell syrup in Virginia. We have only ever made syruo for our own use & sold to friends and family that asked to buy our syrup. Two small mom & pop stores in our area want to sell our syrup as buy local, but I can't find out the laws concerning maple syrup. Called the Health Dept. twice but did not get anywhere with that, maybe I just talked to the wrong person. I am thinking you all are the right people!

WESTVIRGINIAMAPLER
01-18-2010, 10:00 PM
I don't have it in front of my, but if you have a Leader catalog, Ivan Puffenbarger is a dealer for Leader in Highland county, VA and runs about 12,000 taps and he would probably be the best person to call.

gmarvin
01-18-2010, 10:22 PM
I don't have it in front of my, but if you have a Leader catalog, Ivan Puffenbarger is a dealer for Leader in Highland county, VA and runs about 12,000 taps and he would probably be the best person to call.

Thanks we were going to call him tomarrow anyway for more spiles, and more questions for him. He might charge us per question as many as we have. I beleive I talked to himfor hours last year during the festival and got lots of great tips...

:)