PDA

View Full Version : pump in enclosed trailer

howden86
01-17-2010, 05:42 PM
Has anybody installed their vaccum pump and moisture trap in an enclosed trailer. I am thinking of doing it so I don't have to use, worry or deal with the landowners barn.

Thanks

Bucket Head
01-17-2010, 08:52 PM
It sounds like a good idea.

How big is the trailer? A little 4x4x8 or a car hauler? If a car hauler, does it have a flip open type vent in the roof? Heat is a pumps worst enemy. It might get really warm in a little box type trailer.

Then again, your probably going to have the door open for the lines going to it. Unless you were planning on locking the trailer so your equipment does'nt "walk away".

I guess location and your amount of trust with the locals there would have to be the deciding factor.

Steve

jrthe3
01-17-2010, 09:46 PM
locking the trailer would be the least of my worrys i would worry about some hooking on to it and driving away

Haynes Forest Products
01-17-2010, 10:34 PM
I wonder if having the pump in the trailer will make it loud. Make up a cage out of pallets screwed together top sides and bottom to keep it out of the mud and water and get a sheet of metal roofing from HD chain it to a tree stick some evergreen branches in the sides to hide it.

Beans Maple
01-17-2010, 10:49 PM
I know of a pretty good sized local producer here in western mass that has his pump, releaser and tank all in an enclosed trailer. He backs it into place every year and hooks into the remote power service. Everything inside is hard plumbed and all the outside lines our quick connected to it. His is near a brook that he also uses for the liguid ring vacuum pump. He also has a small heater inside that he can turn on to keep the lines and releaser from freezin up. It is quite a nice set up. By the way, who cares about the noise inside? No one will be in there to hear it.