PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for kitchen addition on sugarhouse.

maple flats
01-15-2010, 04:06 PM
I am drawing up plans for this summer to add an addition for a kitchen/RO room and bathroom. I think I have decided tentatively on 8x8 for the RO room, for a max 600 gph, with sink and hot water heater beside it and a gas furnace that needs no electric, wall mount. Backed up to that will be a 4x6 bathroom, with composting toilet and sink. The rest of my addition will be kitchen and a wood stove. Everything will be very well insulated including under the slab. I am thinking another sink in the kitchen, on one partition of the RO room and want ideas as to what else I should plan. The addition will be 14 x 20 and the kitchen will likely have 23 feet of wall space for counter, stove, sink and floor space for equipment. Would maybe have filter press and bottler in kitchen and lots of overhead cabinets and shelves for bottles/jug storage, along with a multitude of other stuff. Ideas please. Right now we don't make much value added because it seems to take too much time and our time is limited. In a couple of years my wife will be retired (I don't want to retire until I reach about 72-74 unless my health forces me to) and if a kitchen is heated well enough she would make some molded sugar and maybe other things. I can't easily go any bigger in either direction so the 14x20 will most likely be it. Bigger would require the removal of a few good maples and I have no other direction I care to expand.

peacemaker
01-15-2010, 04:22 PM
on demand hot water heater.....and i lived with a composting toilet some are better then others so do some homework and find a few people using one...

maple flats
01-15-2010, 04:40 PM
I have already bought an on demand hot water heater for the new house but don't think I want to go the extra mile for the sugarhouse. I think I will just shut it off when not needed and light it a couple hours ahead of use. Might leave it on during the season.