PDA

View Full Version : Building plans

Belshee Creek
02-13-2005, 07:16 AM
Well I guess I jumped the gun, that's my entry labled "Guest", sorry about that :oops: anyway, would like info on building Sugaring House, will try to get the gears meshed before takeoff in the future. Webmaster: delete the entry for Sugaring House Plans authored by "Guest" if you would like. Again, sorry bout that :?

brookledge
02-13-2005, 11:47 AM
if there is no one near you in Iowa I would suggest you purchase the North American Maple Syrup Producers Manual. It has a section on setting up a sugar house and eveything else you could think of. The best thing is to visit another sugar house and see how they have done things ask what they would do differently if they were doing it again. Alot of it will depend on the size of the operation you want
You can buy it on line from Bascom's or Leader for about $13.00
Keith

pegjam
02-13-2005, 12:48 PM
Just look at some of the pictures on Jim's website. That will give you a good idea about building a sugarhouse, and it's free!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

pegjam
"Hope it helps, can't hurt."

mapleman3
02-13-2005, 12:50 PM
True!! or try the book section of this link, look for sugarhouse design, it's a nice little booklet!

http://www.atkinsonmaple.com/

02-13-2005, 01:54 PM
Keith, Pegjam, and Jim,

Thanks for the quick response and ideas for Sugarhouse designs. I'm sure the books you mentioned will do the trick to having a set up that works well. Nice Pics on Jim's site, thanks Pegam! You too Jim and Keith.

mapleman3
02-13-2005, 01:54 PM
Our pleasure!!!