PDA

View Full Version : Anybody interested in tapping 30 acres in Wilton?

hispls
01-14-2010, 10:48 PM
First of all, I'm new to the forum and Maple in general.

My brother and I just firmed up 30 acres of sugarbush up in Wilton. Has some collecting stuff there and a sugar-house. All tubing run (enough for 1000 taps).

I'm pretty burried in work (I work in online retail from home here in Cape Cod...though I plan to move up to Maine as soon as we can get a structure on the land) and my brother is active duty Air Force. Long story short, I'd like to find someone who has equipment and can deal with our trees and if possible come work with you and learn some things.

We can buy all equipment if needed, or you can use yours. We were thinking a 50/50 split after consumables (packaging, fuel, etc.) Of course this would be modified if we have to buy a bunch of equipment.

Anyway, as I said we're both pretty busy and if nobody can help out with this this season I'll be helping him move to his next assignment (a 2 week road trip and moving adventure) so we're kind of looking for interest in the next few weeks.

I'm hispls on eBay and a number of other online forums so I'm easy to find and I'm the local contact. I may or may not keep up with PM's on this board...I really really want to spend days/weeks reading here but my days just fill up too fast so emails are best

hispls@comcast.net

Multiple year contracts will be considered. All in all we're relatively flexible and I'm eager to learn.

Looking forward to getting into this business and living off the land in the near future!

Maple Ridge
01-15-2010, 04:43 PM
I am sure you will not have any problem finding someone. It is a tempting offer. If I was closer, I would be calling. I am a small operation and I am looking to grow. I do know someone out that way that is looking for land to tap. I will get intouch with him next week.

Maple Ridge
01-20-2010, 10:55 AM
I talked to someone today on this, and there might be someone interested for that arrangement. What is your contact information. Where in Wilton is this located.

Revi
01-21-2010, 04:35 PM
Sounds like a great place to get into sugaring! We have 20 acres on a dirt road in Skowhegan with a sugar house.

It is a great size for us moonlighters. I like the fact that it's only about 3 miles from our houses so we can get there easily.

We end up spending a lot of hours up there during the season, so it helps.

It's nice to be out in the boonies, but not so far that you can't order a pizza!

hispls
01-24-2010, 05:50 PM
Thanks all for your replies! COincidentally, a member here who lives about a mile away is going to be taking this on with me this spring.