PDA

View Full Version : Morgan County 2010

ericjeeper
01-13-2010, 03:34 PM
Well I said I was going to drill one test hole.. And I did.. Then went ahead and followed it with another twenty nine more. All the taps are dripping pretty well.Seems the bigger trees might still have a bit of a frost in them. For the most part, I honestly feel the season is on.Currently 37°

KenWP
01-13-2010, 05:24 PM
Drips is what we want. Now you just have to collect enough for a boil.I will have to take tranqs pretty soon. March is a long way away. Of course not haveing a evaporator finished sort of makes it good also.

dschultz
01-13-2010, 06:01 PM
At least 2 months to go before we start to boil here,unless mother nature pulls a fast one and warms up sooner

ericjeeper
01-13-2010, 06:47 PM
I have a friend near me that never starts before the middle of Feb when he comes home from Florida. last year his season was pretty short lived.

ericjeeper
03-06-2010, 05:29 AM
Even though my trees have been tapped for many days. Early part of this week They began to run again.
I just opened a new window and door showroom in Morgantown IN. So I am tied to it pretty hard right now. But yesterday I was determined to close early and come home and collect. Nearly all my bags were full and overflowing.Some had even pulled free and fallen off the holder. a few had leaks I assume from where the bag had been blowing around for the past 45 days empty.LOL
We managed to collect close to 80 gallons and began our boil at 4:30 yesterday afternoon.I kept the fire going until about 8:30. I will fire it up again here about mid morning. It is currently 26° here at 6:25 am. Sap should really run well today. Hoping to at least get caught up.

ericjeeper
03-06-2010, 12:44 PM
Finished off nine quarts of dark syrup. Waiting on the bags to fill back up.