PDA

View Full Version : Nutrition labels

DanE.
01-07-2010, 11:49 AM
For the people that do your own labeling, do you also make a nutrition label also for the container?:confused: Last year I thought I read that you needed on in New York to sell maple syrup, but now I can not find what I had read.

Thanks Dane.

ennismaple
01-07-2010, 12:21 PM
Most of the containers we buy in Ontario now come with a nutrition label because it's law here. We generally only need to buy and apply labels to the glass.

gator330
01-07-2010, 12:38 PM
It is printed on the jugs I use. I don't add it to any glass nor have I seen it on any others glass. Just has to say "Grade A", "Pure Maple Syrup", And your lable Name, Address ... Try below ag and market for New York

http://agmkl.state.ny.us/FS/industry/04circs/maplesyrupansugarCIR947.htm

briduhunt
01-07-2010, 03:00 PM
I jut purcased a roll of 100 nutrictian labels to put on my glass jars. I got them from Anderson Maple Syrup. I paid about $13 with shipping. The labels were $5, shipping was actually more. I received them in 3 days from date of order, and I ordered them on line. I am very pleased with them they also carry different sized labels for different sized containers. And as others have said my plastic jugs come with them already printed on them. I believe that they will actualy be at the Conference in Veronia this weekend.

Bucket Head
01-07-2010, 04:39 PM
I've never seen nutrition labels on glass bottles around here. I've never used them. Was I supposed to? I've never read the Ag & Markets rule book cover to cover.

If were supposed to put them on, a lot of people including myself could be in trouble around here.

Steve

sapman
01-07-2010, 06:37 PM
I'm in the same boat as you, Steve. The Bacon jugs have the label, but my bottles don't. Would be kind of a costly fix for me, requiring copy and plate changes at Syracuse Label. Unless I add a 3rd small label with just nutrition.

Tim

Bucket Head
01-07-2010, 08:05 PM
Your right Tim. It would be another expense for all of us. I'm also thinking that they would be a little on the "unsightly" side for our fancy glass bottles.

Steve

KenWP
01-07-2010, 08:18 PM
They have nutrition on clear plastic labels on the fancy glass bottles with the etched scenes in the store up here. They have a lot of glass that has labels both sides also in paper. Either fancy gold or some other label.

gator330
01-07-2010, 11:00 PM
Brian,

The labels you bought, Do you just want to put them on or Have you seen some place we have to????

DanE.
01-08-2010, 06:53 AM
I review the
http://www.agmkt.state.ny.us/FS/industry/04circs/maplesyrupansugarCIR947.htm
document and it said nothing about the nutrition label. I guess I won't worry about it.

3rdgen.maple
01-08-2010, 02:25 PM
If you guys want nutrition labels on your glass without sacrificeing looks just put a hanging tag on them. Heck get to staples and find some fancy paper and make them on your home printer.