PDA

View Full Version : Donating some of the profits.

red maples
01-05-2010, 02:07 PM
So I know some of you donate to your local or state food pantries. does anyone donate a portion of their sales to the food pantries.

From what I have heard most food banks love the food donations yes but do like the money donations because then they can also purchase things they need as well.

So what I would like to do when I hit the farmers markets etc next year is put a small sign that states "5 % will be donated to the NH food bank". thats only $.90 for every quart at $18/qt.

I know the economy might be coming back slowly but there are still alot of people in need right now!!!

Dill
01-05-2010, 02:42 PM
Which farmer's markets do you sell at?
At least your doing 5% off the top and not the old "5% of Profits" like the big boys.

red maples
01-05-2010, 04:29 PM
not sure yet. probably hit the kingston one still have to look into all that stuff. but I have to check the list I know there is one guy that hits all of them but we'll see. I know anderson's mini maples does the exeter one. and folsom's does the newmarket one at the stone church. I have alot of buyers(locals who know I am making syrup) at this point. We'll see how much syrup I make first. have to pay back a few folks in syrup too for wood and use of trees and my 2 buddies who helped me haul the evap over here from western NH. And the farm down the street my husky got loose and he's a runner and got a hold of one of their chicken and well... alot of feathers to say the least...

maple flats
01-05-2010, 05:51 PM
We havn't yet donated syrup but in another endeavor my wife and I donated over 300 lbs of squash to the Salvation Army food pantry and they were drawing crowds when my wife delivered it after those in need found out our delivery pattern. Syrup would be greatly appreciated and as you say, the $ would always be appreciated. I personally would think the syrup in small to medium containers would be best.

Dill
01-06-2010, 07:53 AM
Plenty of markets out there.