PDA

View Full Version : RO Room

danno
01-04-2010, 10:03 AM
Yep, I'm pleased to report that I have to build an RO room. Yay!!!

Anyway, here's my plan and questions.

Just gonna a build a well insulated 8' x 8' room with 2' x 6' treated lumber floor and 2' x 4' un-treated walls and ceiling. Room will sit on a dirt floor about 20' from the evaporator. I have had problems with woodchucks tunneling through this area of the barn.

Should I block up the 2x6 floor or lay the floor right on the ground?
Should I put some 3 mil plastic or vapier barrier under the floor?

Thanks!

maplwrks
01-04-2010, 12:54 PM
Keep this in mind---your floor is going to get wet. Whether it be from changing prefilters, cleaning screen filters, draining columns, etc.... You will also need a drain pipe of some type to send rinse water, extra permeate......

sapman
01-05-2010, 07:02 PM
Danno, Congratulations! Glad you found a unit! I know it's a lousy time of year, but concrete can't be beat.

Tim

brookledge
01-05-2010, 07:25 PM
I think you will be better off with a concrete floor. The floor is always going to get wet and it is better if you build it with drains in the floor. Then you can also have the permiate run down the drain also after you fill your backwash tank. Also would be good to have a large(deep) sink in there also.
Keith

maplwrks
01-05-2010, 07:29 PM
I agree with Keith, a sink would be a nice compliment to an RO room. I don't need one as I use my wash tank w/heater to heat my water for my laundry sink I have next to my press.