PDA

View Full Version : Finishing in a Coffee Maker?

bussell
01-01-2010, 08:23 PM
Hey Guys,

I've read about using coffee makers as a filter/bottler, but has anyone used one for a finishing pan?

I'm debating whether to get a finishing pan in addition to a coffee maker (filter/bottler).

Thanks

Bucket Head
01-01-2010, 09:14 PM
I think the separate finisher and the coffee machine for canning would be the way to go.

I don't think the coffee machine could boil syrup, and even if it could, its probably not supposed to do that.

A finisher is a nice piece of equpment to have so investing in one would be a good idea. They hold their value too, from what I've seen. What would you do with a burned out coffee machine?

Steve

zippy1wood
01-01-2010, 09:29 PM
I think the coffee makers people are using are the stand up type you might
see at a function with the lever at the bottom.keeps syrup hot and you can use it as a bottle filler after you filter your syrup and have it finished have a great season

Haynes Forest Products
01-01-2010, 09:37 PM
I would be careful trying to boil and finish in a elec coffee maker because of the element getting so hot that it burns the syrup. I think all elec bottlers have a water jacket as a heat source. Now Im all for bottling from a elec unit but I would decide on a good setting below the boiling point and fill with hot syrup from the finisher and only use the heating element to maintain the temp.

bussell
01-01-2010, 11:07 PM
I should have been more precise. I was actually thinking about a coffee dispenser/urn - which lacks the heating element at the bottom.