PDA

View Full Version : New intens-o-fire

Maple/Cherry
12-29-2009, 08:03 PM
I am setting up a new 3' x 12' CDL intens-o-fire II. Anyone have information about setting it up and operation that would be helpful?

Haynes Forest Products
12-29-2009, 09:11 PM
Buddie just got a 3x10 dilliverd last week and it came with all the info and has to get it bricked and set up so they can come out and inspect it as part of the sale. Firebrick, baffels and such.

dschultz
12-30-2009, 07:18 AM
When I got my intens-o-fire 3 yrs ago it came with no info.It was a learn as you go putting the brick in,not to mention doing it in January.
Then when they came and inspected it,they said the bricking looked good we built a fire in it they checked a few thing's and said I was good to go.

Another thing I learned is half way through the season I pull the grates and clean the ashes out from under them.
And every season I learn something new with it,thats the thing with the maple sickness you never stop learning

WESTVIRGINIAMAPLER
01-01-2010, 05:17 PM
Be interesting to see how this newer version compares to the Force 5 as I think the newer version only needs fired every 30 to 45 minutes.

Haynes Forest Products
01-01-2010, 09:19 PM
I understand that you dont fire as often so does that mean that you load alot more wood all at once? My truck only holds 24 gallons of gas and my neighbors truck holds 32 so I fill up more often Does he get better mileage? Its all about getting the most BTU out of a peice of wood and using them all in the arch to boil sap and not heat the outdoors...........RIGHT