PDA

View Full Version : Verona

vtmaplemaker
12-23-2009, 10:08 PM
Who is going to Verona NY??? and whats everyone gonna do to know you are a trader??

3rdgen.maple
12-23-2009, 10:13 PM
I will be there unless something unexpected comes up. As far as identification I have no clue. Don't say nametags they are dorky lol.

KenWP
12-23-2009, 10:28 PM
Let see every trader so far I have seen pictures of looks the same. So find a bunch of guys with beards and farmer caps and your away. Being from Quebec we wear touques but the beard still counts.

3rdgen.maple
12-23-2009, 10:31 PM
Guess I will be overlooked then Ken no beard here. I got one of those baby faces only have to shave every few days.

sapman
12-23-2009, 10:37 PM
And I don't do farmer caps. I wear touques, too. But I won't be at Verona.

Tim

Thompson's Tree Farm
12-24-2009, 03:56 AM
My wife and I are planning on the trip. She doesn't have a beard:lol: We have the got sap sweatshirts that we got through "Tucker Mountain" and they have served well before as identifiers. They do hand out dorky name tags but they hardly work across the room and have our "real" names on them. Maybe Clan will have to attend and man a mapletrader booth:rolleyes:

KenWP
12-24-2009, 04:27 AM
To bad this thing they call a border exsists. Hard for guys like me to get around when we forget to update passports. I am so close to many US dealers that maybe speak english .

NH Maplemaker
12-24-2009, 11:47 AM
Every year when the subject of Verona comes up I think next year We got to go to that ! Well next year is here and when I checked the other day there web site said the pre reg had closed on Dec 15th ! Sooo I guess It will be next year again (maybe).Jim L.

OGDENS SUGAR BUSH
12-24-2009, 01:16 PM
you can register at the door

maple flats
12-24-2009, 01:37 PM
You are saying no name tags, but everyone wears one. Each could just bring a small strip of paper with your trader name on it. The tags are in a plastic pouch, we can just slide our trader name paper into the pouch, it would slide to the bottom and others will know the maple traders. I will do this for Joan and myself. Will print it in about a 14 or 16 font and cut out the strips to insert there. Does anyone know if the Maple Guys will be there? Even though they no longer run this they are still a good place to meet.

Bucket Head
12-24-2009, 04:11 PM
My father and I will be there. I look forward to it every year!

Steve

super sappy
12-24-2009, 06:19 PM
The verona meeting is on my wifes 40 th birthday and she said go with your friends and have a good time. So the Gov is picking me up on friday AM. I have wanted to go for years but since it is on her birthday we never go. I will be the guy standing next to the GOV with a hat and a look on my face like ... a filter press cost how much ... holy Shi% and a ro is how f&^%(*g much ? see you there - ss

caseyssugarshack93
12-24-2009, 06:25 PM
hey Pinky Aka Suppper Sappy I should be there lol Cant wait to see your FACE!

3rdgen.maple
12-25-2009, 12:17 AM
Man just realized it is on the 8th and 9th. I am on call 24/7 at one account the first week plus and hope they are done in time for me to go. As far as the preregistration goes it closed the 15th for vendor registration if you are going you just sign in at the door and they collect your money then. I have been going there for awhile and they never gave me a nametag. So if Im there I will be the guy without the beard and nametag lol. Will have to take a list of trader names there are alot of us.

maple flats
12-25-2009, 06:52 AM
Can't see how you got no name tag ever. They are always in the packet you are given at the entrance table. For many years they were hung around your neck but last year they pinned on. If pre-registered they are printed with your name and the name of your maple operation, if registering at the door they are to be filled out by you. I see almost everyone wearing them and think the others (very few) choose not to. I find it hard to believe you never got one. Be sure to look at what is in the big envelope they give you when you sign in.