PDA

View Full Version : tapping dcr land in ma.

ejmaple
12-22-2009, 11:51 AM
i was wondering if any ma. producers tap dcr controled land, and if so how did they go about getting permission. our land is boardered on all three sides by dcr land, my large bush, 120 taps are on tubbing and if i could tap into state land my count for that bush could easly double. i asked afew years ago at the parks office and was told no because tapping is considering takeing from the forest. anyone with experance in this situation please reply thanks

ed

backyardsugarer
12-22-2009, 12:46 PM
I have set up a meeting with a town park in Victor where I live and so far they seem very interested in the prospect. They have the ability for thousands of taps. Get your ducks in a row and offer them a small lease opportunity, public education and demonstrations, positive press, etc. So far the town has been great. I am sure the level of gov. you are dealing with is different but I hope this helps.

Chris

brookledge
12-22-2009, 06:48 PM
Ed
Contact mapleman3 (Administrator) and he might have some answers for you, I think he might be taping some state land but not possitive
Keith

ejmaple
12-22-2009, 08:05 PM
thanks i'll give him a try.

mapleman3
01-28-2010, 01:54 PM
EJ After our PM's how did you make out? are you tapping there?

KenWP
01-28-2010, 04:43 PM
I just noticed today that our Municipal office sits surrounded by hundreds of maple trees. Nobody touches them either. Had me wondering on the way past today and then noticed this thread. The director of the municipality just joined the lodge I have to maybe have a chat with him.

OGDENS SUGAR BUSH
01-28-2010, 06:21 PM
KEN WP
are you a traveling man??

KenWP
01-28-2010, 06:50 PM
I like to travel places in the eastern part of the country.