PDA

View Full Version : new system

howden86
12-21-2009, 06:45 PM
I am installing a new system with wet and dry lines and was going to use stubbies and checkvalves, however last winter I made up drops with the health spouts and have about 500 of them. Would you mix them or try to sell the 5/16 drops and have all stubbies and checkvalves. If I do that I cannot accurately test the checkvalves. Any thoughts. Thanks

caseyssugarshack93
12-21-2009, 07:56 PM
use the health spouts for this year, on a new system i dont think the check valves will help that much, use what you got! and then next season if you want go with check valves

Thompson's Tree Farm
12-22-2009, 04:11 AM
Casey is correct. There will be little gain from the check valve spouts on a new system. Some but their strong point is keeping bacteria from old droplines out of the tap hole. My strategy would be different from Caseys though. If you can find a buyer so that you recover most of your investment in the droplines, sell them. You can compare the check valves to regular spouts by buying just straight adapters for the stubbies for your comparison area. That way you won't have to go through later and change out the spouts if you want to go to all check valves.

vtsnowedin
12-22-2009, 05:14 AM
I am installing a new system with wet and dry lines and was going to use stubbies and checkvalves, however last winter I made up drops with the health spouts and have about 500 of them. Would you mix them or try to sell the 5/16 drops and have all stubbies and checkvalves. If I do that I cannot accurately test the checkvalves. Any thoughts. Thanks
Are these out on the trees now? If so your just going to snip off the spout and leave the drop line there. I'll give you $0.25 a piece for them if you put 300 of them into a box and mail them to me in time for me to trim off that last inch of tubing on the barbs and boil them clean.

caseyssugarshack93
12-22-2009, 07:21 AM
I think dougs Idea is better lol Try and sell the tree saver drops and make up stubbies and use a adapotor without a check for this year, This season im running around 300-400 check valves on a brandnew system To see what will happen, but thats the old place i have the stubbies for right now, so we will see...

howden86
12-22-2009, 09:51 AM
I have tried to sell them locally but no takers but I will sell them if possible. They are drops all made up with a new t and spile and tubing. Never installed.

vtsnowedin
12-23-2009, 07:09 AM
I have tried to sell them locally but no takers but I will sell them if possible. They are drops all made up with a new t and spile and tubing. Never installed.
Name your price.:)