PDA

View Full Version : Just makes your mind wander

TRAILGUY
12-17-2009, 07:12 PM
first year with a real set up . First was offered a 600 tap lot Tonight was offered 20 acres of woodlot managed for sugar maples and never tap and good slope . Right now all I want is to get one year under my belt with 150 tap on my land close to my sugar shack:lol: :cool: :lol: guess everything may be to small and haven even cooked up a batch who know where will go. Or how much wood do I want to cut

Bucket Head
12-17-2009, 08:07 PM
Yup. Thats a sign of a true sugar maker. Biting off, or thinking about biting off more than he can chew. Getting in over your head is the only way to do it. Its a rite of passage.

We've all been there! Good luck this season!!

Steve

Mark-NH
12-17-2009, 08:19 PM
sugar bushes are hard to come by. You may want to keep your foot in the door on this one.

smitty76
12-18-2009, 05:54 AM
I have been in the sugar for 17 yrs and have had many different bushes with most of them being not the best. The 1 I have had for the last 2 seasons is great and by far the best 1 I have ever had and is only 500 yards down the road for sugar house. My 2 cents, don't let them slip away.

good luck, have fun:D ;) :D

KenWP
12-18-2009, 06:03 AM
first year with a real set up . First was offered a 600 tap lot Tonight was offered 20 acres of woodlot managed for sugar maples and never tap and good slope . Right now all I want is to get one year under my belt with 150 tap on my land close to my sugar shack:lol: :cool: :lol: guess everything may be to small and haven even cooked up a batch who know where will go. Or how much wood do I want to cut

I would figure out how to at least hold the land in your favor for a year so that is's available for your up coming expansion.

3rdgen.maple
12-18-2009, 07:00 AM
Yeah right now you may only want 150 taps but when you start drilling trees you might want 750. Maybe tap some of the most accesible ones on that lot to stake a claim and to let the guy know you are interested in it. heck stick 150 buckets on the trees by your shack and throw up some gravity tubing on the new bush with a tank at the bottom. You can never have to many taps you just never have enough time.