PDA

View Full Version : Syrup fit for a Prince

cheesegenie
12-12-2009, 04:56 PM
Read in a farm paper about a Lanark County syrup producer (Dobbs family), that won at the Royal Fair in Toronto, and their syrup was included in a gift
basket to Prince Charles in November during a visit to Canada. Mr. Dobbs was
asked to meet with the Prince in less than 24 hours notice and did. He said the prince was very interested in how syrup was made etc. Just thought I would share this, even if you are not a fan of the Monarchy, it would have been a proud moment for any syrup producer.Congratulations.

Sugarmaker
12-12-2009, 05:58 PM
That sounds like royal syrup to me! Hats off to the producer.

Great!

Regards,
Chris C.

40to1
12-12-2009, 09:54 PM
Congratulations to the producer!
Doesn't surprise me that Prince Charles was very interested in maple sugar production. My understanding is that Charles is keenly interested in local, sustainable agriculture.

KenWP
12-13-2009, 03:10 AM
When I was a kid growing up in Alberta our life's adventure was the train trip across Canada every fall to the Toronto Royal fair with cattle and sleeping in a box car. They don't subsidize western farmers anymore to go to the fair.

3% Solution
12-13-2009, 08:39 AM
Congrats to the Dobbs Family.
It is always an honor to meet with people like this!!!
I bet there is a picture hanging in the sugarhouse honoring that get together!!!
That is something to be proud of.

Dave

ennismaple
12-13-2009, 07:45 PM
And the Dodds`are a top notch equipment dealer and great people too! I couldn`t ask for better customer service. We hope to pull up our socks and give them a run at the Perth Festival of the Maple next year.