PDA

View Full Version : New CDL Rapitube??

Dennis H.
12-09-2009, 06:34 PM
I got the current edition of the MapleNews yesterday and I was looking at the CDL ad and noticed that they are making a new style of tubing that looks like you do not have to run a wire 1st.

Has anyone had any 1st hand experience with this stuff and is it even out yet??
Does it take special fittings for the laterals??

DrTimPerkins
12-09-2009, 07:22 PM
I got the current edition of the MapleNews yesterday and I was looking at the CDL ad and noticed that they are making a new style of tubing that looks like you do not have to run a wire 1st.

Has anyone had any 1st hand experience with this stuff and is it even out yet?? Does it take special fittings for the laterals??

We had some installed in our woods alongside some regular black water pipe (which was suspended on wire) as a test to see how it will do over time. Will be a year or so before we can say much of anything about it. Great concept though. It's pricey stuff, but if it doesn't need wire, the costs should about even out with regular pipe and wire. Takes normal fittings.

Tim Perkins
UVM PMRC

jason grossman
12-09-2009, 07:27 PM
I have seen it at cdl's sugarhouse and have seen it installed it works really well. from an installer stand piont it is easy and fast to install. it has been out since may. there will be some in my woods this year.

maplesyrupstove
12-10-2009, 08:50 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQGp-jMKQt0 I was looking at this yesterday. It looks nice, Darrell