PDA

View Full Version : Looking for 55 gal barrels

shawk
11-29-2009, 12:20 PM
I still need a few 55 gallon barrels. Anyone in the central Ohio area know of a good source of used food grade barrels?

Haynes Forest Products
11-30-2009, 12:15 AM
You need to put a wanted add On craigs list I did that for barrels and found all I wanted. 55 gallon blue barrels had Coke syrup $10 per barrel. Im building a blacksmithing power hammer and put the word out and got the plate steel, I beam, Motor and had many calls on all the items I ever list.

Buckeye mapler
11-30-2009, 12:50 PM
yes sir, good ol' craigslist. I have found many things for my operation on there. I recently made a deal with a guy for a nail gun I listed. He is going to do the welding on my stainless pan for it. Hey, I don't need the nail gun and I am getting more out of his welding time than I would have in cash for the nailer! He is paying with time instead of cash, we both win!!!!

syrupkid
12-02-2009, 08:28 PM
go to a dairy farm in your area and ask for a few soap barrels make sure they only have held pipeline soap rinse them out good and your set most farmers will give them away as most dealers that sell the soap dont charge a saftey deposit

KenWP
12-02-2009, 08:49 PM
I lucked out and found a few dairy containers one day. They should rinse out okay for sap for when I have to haul it with the truck. I should have a good storage system this year compared to last when I had every container I could lay my hand one full and was still looking for room. I was boiling all day to make room for half on my sap production sometimes.

MFarmall
12-05-2009, 07:13 PM
Shawk, there is a Pepsi bottling plant in Columbus. Got 55 gallon barrells that had Mountain Dew syrup in them, last year for if I remember around $5-$10 each. Use them for sap holding. Rinsed out pretty good, no Mtn Dew flavor in the syrup. I'll try to find the address and phone number for you if want it. They have 2 of the 2" bungs in them.
Mel Woolever

MFarmall
12-06-2009, 03:00 PM
shawk, here is the info for the barrels. Pepsi-Cola Bottling Co. of Columbus, 1241 Gibbard Ave.. Phone # 614-253-8771.
They are just east of downtown a few blocks, so should be a short trip from Sunbury.
Mel

Buckeye mapler
12-08-2009, 06:48 PM
Hey all,
I met a guy who has tons of fire brick for sale for 30-40cents a piece depending on how many you buy. He is in Clinton county, but for that cheap it might be worth your trip. Let me know if you are interested.

newman_maple
12-08-2009, 10:25 PM
There is a guy just outside Georgetown who has 20 and 55 gall plastic barrels and steel barrels. $10 each That might be too far for you northerners!