PDA

View Full Version : another question about insulating

mike first timer
11-20-2009, 12:33 PM
I have a question i got my arch board for my arch.I put that on the arch walls and by the time i put half bricks on top of that it is sticking way out under my pan.Now i read somewere you are suppose to cut the top brick at a angle is this right? it is a 18by 48 evaporator.

brookledge
11-20-2009, 05:44 PM
it is better to do that however you don't have too. the more pan you have exposed the more it will boil
Keith

3rdgen.maple
11-22-2009, 09:52 PM
How wide are the rails on the arch? With archboard and split bricks it comes out almost flush on my arch. If they are sticking way out you can always grind them down once they are in place. Hand held grinder with a diamond blade works well. Just wear a dust mask.

red maples
11-24-2009, 09:28 AM
I just put the last row split brick because I used full bricks for the rest!! I think the heat will get up there especially after the bricks get hot and man do they!!!

mike first timer
11-24-2009, 05:24 PM
okay thanks for the replies. My next step now is to brick my arch and hook the stack up and see how good it will boilw water. Me and a friend just finished my very first sap shack 10 by 16 with a 16ft long woodshed pretty excited.