PDA

View Full Version : FREE Home Made starter evaprator WI

Pete S
11-15-2009, 07:59 AM
I hope someone spots this here,...........as I thought the classifieds wouldn't be as apt to catch a first timer.

I had made an evaporator just so we could see how this all works. It's the "hull" of an old parts washer, welded shut.

It's been used since 2006, and sits outside so the photos show it prior to it getting real rusty, as it's nearing 4 years old. (I will email photos to interested parties as they are too big to post)

The pan is an Aluminum baking pan that is 16" x 24" inside by about 2 - 3" deep. (it's bellied) as well we'll throw in a pre-heat pan. It works fine, as I THINK we were getting about 2.3 gph, but ya gotta stay on top of the heat, etc.

THE STACK IS NOT INCLUDED AS I AM USING THAT FOR MY BLOCK ARCH, which I hope to start to build in the yard soon! There is a 6" elbow out the back that a 6" stack can be attached with a handy bedframe angle welded to attach the stac as to steady it.

I have some common brick I used to line it with, and the grates are in FINE shape. (old stop sign posts)

It ain't much, but it's FREE for the comin' and gettin'. I'll help load.

Located west of Plymouth, Wisconsin

Please email me or send a message.

Pete

Pete S
11-25-2009, 06:19 PM
I think I have this correct,..as it appears I was able to resize some photos I have of our evaporator.

I would really like to give it away,................as I can't keep it around.

Would do what I could to help if distance is an issue.

Email or pm me!
Pete