PDA

View Full Version : raised flue

snohiker
11-09-2009, 05:47 PM
im going to try and make a raised flue pan my question is does it matter how wide and deep the flues are. thanks red maples for the tour sunday and all the help ive got some ideas for that other project we talked about when i fab up a mock of it ill bring it over to see if its going to work

brookledge
11-09-2009, 08:52 PM
No it doesn't matter. However the idea of flues is to give you the maximun amount of surface area in a relatively small area. So the closer you make the flues the more boiling capacity you will have. If the flues are to close then ther will not be enough heat allowed in between the flues. I'm sure the major manufactuers have done a lot of testing over the years and most have about 3/4" inbetween each flue.
Keith

snohiker
11-09-2009, 09:37 PM
im trying different dies and i think the goose neck is going to be my best bet just dont know how deep im going to be able to go

red maples
11-10-2009, 04:29 PM
anytime snohiker...if you need more measurements or what ever feel free to stop by. and If I am not here your welcome to go into the sugarhouse and see what you need to see. I fired up arch first time can't stop talking about it. I think I typed it in on like 3 or 4 threads. not really up to full yet but almost!!! that will happen in the spring time!!:D