PDA

View Full Version : its a start

snohiker
11-05-2009, 08:23 PM
made a couple of items at work this week to try and save a lil cash i have a question how deep and wide are the flue on a flue pan i want to make one about 40 x 24

Maplebrook
11-06-2009, 09:49 AM
Rob,
Nice looking tools!

The flue pan on my evaporator is 18X45. The flues measure 3/4" looking at it from the underside of the pan. They are 5" deep and there is 6 of them. They are spaced 1 1/2" apart. When the pan is sitting on the arch, the flues almost touch the firebrick at the rear of the pan below the stack. There is probably some calculation in there to ensure that this small area doesn't act like a damper...

A quick minute with the pencil shows that these flues add 2700sq" to an otherwise 810sq" flat pan.

Darren

red maples
11-06-2009, 03:33 PM
Rob

come over and check out my rig!!!! you can take all the measurements you want I will be working in there this weekend and all next week. bricking the arch on sunday monday tues. what ever during the little warm spell. and well hey pretty much all the time thats what mapleholics do... your off to a good start I see.;)

brookledge
11-06-2009, 05:19 PM
Looks good. One comment though I can't tell from the pic How wide is the base of the hydrometer cup? It is nice to get wide bottom so they are more stable. Sucks when they tip over with the hydrometer in it
Keith

snohiker
11-06-2009, 05:57 PM
yea i thought of that but didnt know how long to make it i dont have the hydro yet and the base is like 3.5inch wide i was board at work and that is what happens i started tinkering brad im going to try and get over there sat tried last weekend but the wood pile beat me up i had no energy to do anything after