PDA

View Full Version : the mother load of stainless!!

twobears1224
10-30-2009, 06:06 PM
awhile ago,i went to a auction to try and pickup a couple stainless coolers.i got out bid as i was loading what i did get the guy pulls up beside me.i asked him about the coolers i thought he might be a junker.
come to find out he was only looking for the compressers.he told me to stop by his diner and we could deal.i got over there today and i got the mother load of stainless steel.
i got a table with a nice sized sink built into it,two coolers that are about 5 feet square.one is all stainless inside and out,the other one has two stainless doors on it.i also got a freezer.one of those that stores put boxes of ice cream in.the top doors and inside is all stainless and i got a stand up cooler thats all stainless inside at one time it had a stainless skin on the outside but he used that.
i plan on using the table/sink as is i figure it,ll be nice to make maple candy and cream on.the rest i plan on cutting up and using to make equipement with...scoops,filter/canner,barrel funnel,ect,ect,ect.
i,am going to either build or buy one of those combo sheet metal shears,pan brake,roller.
i never expected to get so much stainless for the money i did..$80.00 for everything!!!

Fred Henderson
10-30-2009, 06:41 PM
good deal now all you need is a TIG welder to go with the box brake and shear.

twobears1224
10-30-2009, 09:08 PM
FRED: i wish i did have a tig welder..one of theses days i will!

delbert

KenWP
10-30-2009, 10:30 PM
Must be nice to get a break some days. The best I can do is get free sinks. Freind had a bunch of them and being me I just could not pass. Found a nice peice of SS pipe on the road yesterday. Have no idea what it would be for but it's shiney.

wegnerwelding
10-31-2009, 10:54 AM
a plasma cutter to skin out the steel,and away you go

woodsmith
11-11-2009, 06:46 PM
here's my find from the transfer station's scrap pile...a stainless steel double wall stove pipe, I stripped out the 3" inner wall and now have a 5" stainless stack for my barrel evaporator, can't wait till next season!!

twobears1224
11-11-2009, 08:05 PM
i,ve been stripping everything i got. yesterday,i was out in the garage working on the freezer and a buddy stopped in.we got to talking and i told him i was going to build a fuel drum arch and use the stainless for the pans,ect. today,he shows up with a free fuel drum.
sooo,now i need to get designing and building.i already have a 2x3 stainless crossflow syrup pan and the bottom of that freezer looks like the prefect back pan to me.it,s roughly 2 feet wide by39 inches long and 11 inches deep right now. i,am thinking about putting partations in it and using it as the back pan..then use the cross flow pan to draw off in..i,de have to widen the drum alittle bit on the front two feet but i think it would be ok.i,de end up with a roughly 5 foot long set of pans.
i,am going to put forced air on it..top and bottom..i already have several blowers stored away.i might even put a bubbler in the pan..we,ll see
to get me started i,am going to build a 10x14 feet sugar house.. it,ll be built on skids and once i go bigger i,ll put it up for sale along with the evapartor.
i,de like to have around 2000 taps one day in the future.