PDA

View Full Version : Getting my shop up and running

wegnerwelding
10-29-2009, 05:23 PM
Last year a good friend of mine had me make some pans for him for his home made arch. He wanted them out of 16 ga. which was too thick. So this year I'm making him a set out of 22 ga. and tossing around the idea of a raised flue pan.I did some trial runs on my pan brake and I think its a go.I took a 6 hour trip to the closest sugarbush earlier this week, talked with some great people there, and they gave me more information than I knew what to do with. I just got my new shear and some new metal. I'm starting to get some orders trickling in and between getting things situated, i've been pretty busy. This site has been great for info on equipment, there's some pretty sweet rigs. If you want to check out my blog on the progress so far here's the address.

www.wegnermetalworks.blogspot.com

any input, or advise is always welcome

Andy

Haynes Forest Products
10-29-2009, 07:28 PM
Nother Wisconsin Maple Trader In the whitness protection program:rolleyes: Nice looking work from what I read about other manf. if you keep getting orders and shipping them within a few weeks you will be up to your tap hole in work

wegnerwelding
10-29-2009, 08:00 PM
My regular job is slow, so im only working every other week. It's been giving me time to build up some stock before the rush. I'm hoping we have another bumper crop year. I should have some better pictures posted shortly, a good friend is a photographer, and did a short shoot yesterday after setting my shear.

lpakiz
10-29-2009, 10:06 PM
Andy-Wegner Welding,
Where are you in Wisconsin? I would be interested in a quote for a 2X4 foot drop flue. Can you do float boxes also?

wegnerwelding
10-29-2009, 10:38 PM
lpakiz-

Green bay, I'm starting my trek on the flue pans as soon as I get ahead on orders for the flat pans. I'm looking at tackling the float boxes also, but both are on hold until I'm caught up. It will probably be something I'll be full speed on next year. If you want to PM me your info, I can let you know when I have one made, and we could go over details then. I want to build one for myself first to see how it goes.

lpakiz
10-30-2009, 06:53 AM
OK I'l, do that.

Pete S
10-30-2009, 04:57 PM
What ya gettin' for a 2 x 4 pan with a pipe nipple welded in?

Then a matching 2 x 2?

I'm in Plymouth.

Pete

wegnerwelding
10-30-2009, 05:26 PM
Pete- PM sent, check your inbox

Thanks