PDA

View Full Version : website for plans??

red maples
10-28-2009, 09:02 AM
I haven't looked yet but I will shortly but I figured I would ask here. does anyone know of a web site that you can design your own plans for a barn.

I have a friend doing mine. He is a contractor but he does plans for garages, add-on barns what ever. But I talked to him in end of august and still he hasn't finished them. driving me crazy I send him like 3 emails a week. SO I need to get this rolling or I won't get the concrete poured before the ground freezes!!!

any suggestions.

michelle32
10-28-2009, 09:20 AM
Google post and beam barns. You should be able to buy a design or a kit from one of those companies. If not John of Timber wolf framing in Pittsfield can help you out. They do real post and beam. They also do alot of work over that way. If you wont the number let me now.
Keith

red maples
10-28-2009, 10:20 AM
Thanks...I am building the barn and finishing the inside. so it won't be used for live stock or anything like that I am starting a business as well as my wife so I will have the first floor and she will have the second floor.

I see you use all red maples how does that work out for you. I have about 72% red and 25% sugars.

michelle32
10-28-2009, 10:54 AM
The red maples are fine you just have to boil more sap do to lower sugar count. The barn designs can be finished any way you like. Weather you need a bathroom or what ever. Barn is just a open structure. Cheaper to build usually. John also can do houses and business. Very very good workman ship.

Dave Y
10-28-2009, 11:37 AM
Red Maples,
If you know what you want in your barn and you can draw and read a tape measure then you should be able to draw your own plans. never depend on some one else to do your work for you. as you will be disapointed.

red maples
10-28-2009, 12:18 PM
oh I know. I built my sugar house and shed and did the plans for that. I might just pick up a book I know the basics.

And I know my building inspector too. but this is a little more involved for me so I figured I would have some plans drawn up but I will probably end up doing it my self anyway. because like in my previous post 2 plus months and still no plans.