PDA

View Full Version : Galvanized Corrugated Metal Roof Sheets

valleyman
10-26-2009, 02:35 PM
I'm Looking for Galvanized Corrugated Metal Roof Sheets to build a small temporary roof over my block evaporator. I know I can get it in VT. I'm down in CT and I'm looking for a closer retailer. I only plan to use 3-4 sheets of 3'x8' or 3'x10'. Anybody know anywhere?
Thanks

sap seeker
10-26-2009, 03:27 PM
A Home Depot type place would have it. It's not "cheap", a 3 X 10 (30" coverage) will run you about $25 a sheet down there I bet. Atleast the screws are only .03 cents each.:D

valleyman
10-26-2009, 03:32 PM
Thanks Sap seeker. I didnt see it out on HD floor but I failed to ask them. I did check their website and couldnt find any at HD or Lowes. Pretty laim if they dont offer it. I'll check locally again. I found it for 17.00 in Ludlow VT. I dont mind going up again, I'm just concerned about keeping it secure on my van's rooftop for 3.5 hours

danno
10-26-2009, 05:05 PM
Hum? I know our Lowes and HD carry it - differerent styles, I like the one at lowes - I used it to cover by wood shed and sap tank.

brookledge
10-26-2009, 06:34 PM
try your local lumber store like true value or ace etc. if you can't get it at lowes or HD
For what you are looking for it won't be that much. It comes in 8', 10',12' lengths etc.
Keith

MartinP
10-26-2009, 06:41 PM
If you are up for a long drive there is a place in Baldwin Michigan that has it for 1.95 ft. in galvanized 2.25 colors.

Littlesap
10-26-2009, 08:08 PM
I just ordered metal roofing for my new sugar house - got it at Woodbury Supply in Woodbury/Oxford if you are in the western part of the state. The trim pieces were the most expensive part - at least the same cost as the panels to cover a 10x12 sugar house.

boondocker
10-26-2009, 08:51 PM
i just put metel roof on my sugarhouse, i did a lot searching around and found a dicount metel supply within 30 min from my house. paid 2.15 lf for forest green. do some lookin around before you pull the trigger. i saved almost 350 bucks by waiting and lookin around

3rdgen.maple
10-26-2009, 08:56 PM
Local rummor around my neck of the woods is that the Amish are selling it for half the cost as the big guys are getting. I don't know if there are any around you but might be worth a check.

boondocker
10-26-2009, 09:08 PM
Local rummor around my neck of the woods is that the Amish are selling it for half the cost as the big guys are getting. I don't know if there are any around you but might be worth a check.

yea we have a couple of amish towns around here i checked with them too and found there prices where hard to beat....

sap seeker
10-27-2009, 05:58 AM
Thanks Sap seeker. I didnt see it out on HD floor but I failed to ask them. I did check their website and couldnt find any at HD or Lowes. Pretty laim if they dont offer it. I'll check locally again. I found it for 17.00 in Ludlow VT. I dont mind going up again, I'm just concerned about keeping it secure on my van's rooftop for 3.5 hours

It's great stuff, just built a camp with it. Make your rafters 6 or 7/12 pitch and you will never have to worry about snow load. I used 5/12 trusses for my camp and it doesn't slide off there well but a storage building I have at camp is 7/12 and never a prob.

As for your van, bring or buy a few 2x4's with you and place on the edges and middle of your stack of roofing. Then take two rachet straps and crank down, even if you have to loop inside the van, no probs. Stuff is actually quite ridgid when a few sheets stacked together. Good luck.

Logscaler
10-27-2009, 04:16 PM
We got some from Home Depot for our barn. You have to order it though and you will need to find someone who knows what you are talking about. When we ordered ours we got the call it was in and when we went to pick it up the regular floor help had no clue what we were talking about! It took almost an hour to find a manager who knew anything!

sugar man
10-27-2009, 06:53 PM
I bought mine from lowes in bloomfield they carry 8ft -10 ft and ridge cap and flashing ck them out.....:) :)

valleyman
11-02-2009, 01:21 PM
Sugar man and the rest of you,
Thanks. I talked w/ a guy in the Derby Lowes and he said the Orange, CT store has it. That's close to me.