PDA

View Full Version : Anyone used a 7' blower on a 40 hp tractor?

Pete S
10-25-2009, 04:12 PM
Was wondering how others faired out with a 7' blower on a 40+ hp tractor.

I'm going to give'r a go this year as I picked on up purty reasonable,............looking at the local market, dealers, etc.

Thanks!
Pete

tuckermtn
10-25-2009, 05:16 PM
I'm guessing your referring to a snowblower?

I ran a 8ft meteor brand blower on a 45 hp new holland TN65 a few years back- ran fine- pretty simple and cheap blower. Single front auger and single throw/chute fan. Sounds cheesy, but if you can get the hydraulic turn chute option, I highly reccomend it- course you need a set of hyd. remotes for that.

-eric

michelle32
10-25-2009, 07:06 PM
Worked for Deere dealer for two years. these snowblowers in a two stage model will through snow 60 feet. We never got a single one back in for repairs.
Keith

Pete S
10-25-2009, 07:30 PM
Bought a AVCO New Idea, 2 stage, twin auger, with hyd over cable chute.

Was used,.............and possibly older, built like a tank,.............and the guy was a real dewd and delivered it this AM!

I just thought that if a 74" would be "spec",...............take my time and use this 84",..............I mean what's 10" right? (refering to snowblower width)

Heck,.........I can't wait to have it snow, as I USED to do the 1500 foot driveway with a 1951 Allis WD, narrow bucket amd back blade.

Longest recorded time was 8 hours!

Pete

Fred Henderson
10-25-2009, 07:50 PM
A friend has a 32 HP JD and he uses one. You have to go slow but you can move a lot of snow with them.

syrupkid
10-25-2009, 08:36 PM
we have got a 25 horse John Deere 2320 with a two stage single auger 47 inch (:confused: dont know why not 48 inch) blower and it will throw fairly heavy snow a good 60 feet with the top of the snow arch at 20 feet we couldnt believe it when we first used it also the thing is built like a tank (better than a avco tank)

3rdgen.maple
10-25-2009, 09:08 PM
You will be fine with that setup. Buddy has an 8ft on his new holland and has 40hp at the pto. It was all setup by the dealer and he has no problem throwing snow. Of course if you get into some deep stuff you are gonna have to work slow. If you get after it before it gets out of hand you will be in great shape.

Pete S
10-27-2009, 09:03 PM
we have got a 25 horse John Deere 2320 with a two stage single auger 47 inch (:confused: dont know why not 48 inch) blower and it will throw fairly heavy snow a good 60 feet with the top of the snow arch at 20 feet we couldnt believe it when we first used it also the thing is built like a tank (better than a avco tank)

...........Ya know,..........I never considered the thought of "green" steel being better built than 30+/- year old "orange" steel.

DS Maple
10-27-2009, 10:22 PM
As other's have said, that should work no problem. We've got a 60 something inch front mount blower on our TC33D and it handles it no problem. Slow and steady is the key. Even when you're moving slow though, it's a whole lot faster than shoveling or walking behind a snowblower. Also, the more hydraulics the better. Ours has hydraulic shoot rotation, (right off the loader control; really nice,) but I have contemplated building a hydraulic deflector kit for it as well. There are times when you have to shoot low to avoid the wind, and then there are places where the banks are so high the deflector is almost vertical. It only takes a minute to get off the seat and adjust, but I'm always looking to make life a little easier.