PDA

View Full Version : moving an RO

tuckermtn
10-20-2009, 05:43 AM
took the plunge and just bought an older memtek RO -

looking for advice on moving it- is there any reason I cannot lay the machine on its side for transport? it is a large framed machine - +/- 6 ft tall, 48" wide, 38" deep- has three pumps plus one 8" and one 4" membrane-

otherwise I'm looking at renting a small van...

any advice appreciated...

-Eric

vtmaplemaker
10-20-2009, 07:38 AM
as long as it has a frame, so it will not crush any thing, there is no reason you can't transport it on its side...

caseyssugarshack93
10-20-2009, 03:44 PM
tuckermnt, did you buy that 600 merteck, ? if so you got a good deal on that, if i could of came up with the money i would of bought it, but couldnt do it, money's tight hope it works well for you,

WMF
10-20-2009, 05:04 PM
Tip it on it's back so the oil in the piston pump does not leak out.

Does it have a 3 hp recirc pump? The 4" membrane was not factory installed and will lower the performance of the 8" if its plumbed in series.

tuckermtn
10-20-2009, 07:15 PM
yes it has a frame and a recirc pump- yes it was the one listed on the trader last week.

was planning on laying on its back-

WMF- I will have to look into the plumbing on the 4"- do you still have yours? what is/was your membrane set-up and rated capacity?

Parker
10-20-2009, 08:37 PM
Eric- give me a call if you need a hand unloading-moving it

brookledge
10-20-2009, 10:13 PM
Eric
Now I know why you were in my neighborhood. You are the third owner of that machine if it was the one I'm thinking of
Keith

WMF
10-20-2009, 11:40 PM
Tuckermtn,
Yes I still use mine. It has two 8 inch membranes and with mods will do 930 gph all day with true RO membranes. I aquired another similar machine this summer and plan on running it also.

With a single 8 inch membrane these Ro's work very good and have decent recirc flow, should be more than big enough for your operation. When you add additional membranes the recirc flow is marginal on both membranes and you need to wash frequently to keep from fouling.