PDA

View Full Version : Hurricane Force 5 Test Fire

walnutdalefarm
10-19-2009, 07:04 AM
We have our new evaporator installed and we will be doing a test fire on Nov. 7. If anyone wants to come down to Somerset,PA to watch me try an burn a pan with just water, you are invited. We'll start at noon, go till 3 or 4 maybe. My dealer said he'll provide lunch. Just let me know if you want directions.

ennismaple
10-19-2009, 05:10 PM
Have fun! Rejean, Jean-Francois and Steve from Lapierre were at our sugar camp on Saturday to test fire our 3.5x14. There were about 30 other Ontario producers there who have either bought one or who are interested. Make sure to pick Rejean's brain. He's forgotten more than I'll ever know! Overall we were impressed - I'll provide details in another post.

Gary R
10-20-2009, 06:35 AM
Thanks for the invitation Walnutdale. Another one should be firing up soon in NW PA. Dave Y purchased one. Closer to home. Good luck with your new rig!

220 maple
10-20-2009, 07:02 PM
WalnutdaleFarm,
I'm planning on being in Someset County on Friday October the 30th, Henry's having a tubing seminar, Brad Gillilan from Leader Evaporator is going to be there. Are you going to the seminar?

Mark 220 Maple

walnutdalefarm
10-21-2009, 07:04 AM
Yeah, i am going to go to Henry's seminar. Might see you there.

WESTVIRGINIAMAPLER
10-24-2009, 07:40 AM
Ennis,

Does all the air to the fire stay running at full blast when it gets adjusted correctly even when you are firing or is it reduced at firing??

ennismaple
10-25-2009, 11:07 PM
Ennis,

Does all the air to the fire stay running at full blast when it gets adjusted correctly even when you are firing or is it reduced at firing??

You turn the primary air blower off when you fire but the secondary air stays on the whole time. Once you close the door you crank the primary air back up.