PDA

View Full Version : Metalbestos Stack Questions

MapleME
10-18-2009, 06:29 PM
I was able to pick up a great length of 7" metalbestos chimney is pretty decent shape which I am planning on using for the new sugarhouse. I also have a few lengths of 6" metabestos. Does anyone know if they make a coupler or some sort for 6" metalbestos to 7"? That would save me from scrapping 1/2 of what I have an buying more of one size.
tia
josh

Farmboy
10-18-2009, 07:42 PM
I don't no if they make an adaptor. You could sell all the 6" and use the money to buy enough 7" to finish you stack. 6" is a common size for wood stoves so you should be able to sell it easily and get good money for it.

KenWP
10-18-2009, 10:02 PM
They most likey do make a adapter as it's a common thing to doto reduce from 7 to 6 or from 6 to seven. I would say 90% of the stoves I see do that.

TapME
10-19-2009, 05:47 PM
josh, if they don't carry it in the hardware store around you, any tin knocker can make you the right reducer. Just check around and see whats available.

MapleME
10-20-2009, 12:36 PM
well, thanks guys. I have been able to find reducers and increasers (I need to go from 6" to 7") but they are all in black stove pipe, not metalbestos. Not sure if it matters that much, but Im trying to be safe yada yada. I have 12 feet of 7" so if I add a length of 6" to get up to 14 feet, this puts that uninsulated coupler right about eye level in the sugarhouse.