PDA

View Full Version : Vermont spirits .com

WF MASON
10-15-2009, 05:54 AM
My wife ran across this site while having a hard day at work.
The guy makes vodka out of sap.

Fred Henderson
10-15-2009, 06:22 AM
A very interesting web site.

DS Maple
10-15-2009, 01:33 PM
I saw this company on TV about a year ago.

softmaple
10-16-2009, 08:30 AM
i bought a bottle a few years ago. its some strong stuff. i thought i could fire the evaporator with my own breath. don't taste anything like maple though. i would mix it with some maple syrup for flavor

DS Maple
10-16-2009, 08:58 AM
Flag Hill Winery makes a product they refer to as Sugar Maple Liqueur that is essentially just vodka with syrup in it. I bet if you mixed syrup in with the vermont spirits product it would be very similar.

Say softmaple, on another topic, how did you get your avatar picture to change? That's a neat feature.

red maples
10-16-2009, 09:08 AM
Flag hill is a few town from me they make their own vodka too. but thatstuff is a bit strong I like to mix in a little more syrup to take the edge off. and sweeten it up a little. actually if you stick it in the snow a day before you are "scheduling" to boil and make it ice cold taka a shot or 2 right from the bottle. then top it off with a little syrup. take a glass and fill it with snow and fill that baby up mmmm good.

and yeah that's a cool avatar trick!!!

softmaple
10-16-2009, 10:16 AM
its an animated gif file.

mapleack
10-16-2009, 11:21 AM
This summer at maplerama I got to try "sapling" maple liqueur. It was excellent! Good maple flavor and a lot of "kick". http://www.saplingliqueur.com/

wattsup
10-16-2009, 07:53 PM
They make a super premium that is only made from the first run of the year. Also they make Vt White which is made from milk sugar. I prefer the Gold from maple my self it is smoother.

tuckermtn
10-16-2009, 08:58 PM
there are a few candian wineries that make a dessert wine that has real syrup in it- sweet red wine with a very distinctive maple finish. We have a bottle here from our time in BC- keep meaning to open it on some special occasion- ie. first boil, last boil, cleanig all done- perhaps this year when we run the RO for the frst time...

red maples
10-17-2009, 09:46 AM
I am not a big fan of those really sweet fruit dessert wines. I haven't tried a maple one yet (although if its got maple its gotta be good) . I like a nice sauturne, or ice wine, (a bit on the expensive side so just for special occations). My mom got me a sweet apple wine and it was nasty sweet. so I mixed it with a bottle of cheap rose, boiled it down and refrigerated it and spread it on toast with some butter, now that was good jelly it might be good on a cinnamon ice cream too. I do that with wines I don't like if I don't use them for cooking I add some sugar for red wines and boil them down for jelly.

Dill
10-18-2009, 10:30 AM
I've got some hard cider bubbling in the basement. I made one batch with syurp instead of sugar. Can't wait to taste the results.