PDA

View Full Version : Jerry Masterson

WESTVIRGINIAMAPLER
10-14-2009, 09:08 PM
In case you didn't know, Jerry Masterson(802 maple) is having hip replacement this week. If someone on here has his address, post it for anyone who wants to send him a card as he will be laid up for a while and include missing deer season. He has been a real help to a lot of members on here and has a wealth of knowledge.

Bucket Head
10-14-2009, 09:28 PM
Jerry should still be able to visit this site, right?

Good luck Jerry! Do as the doctors tell you, and take it easy while recuperating, and you'll be fine.

Brandon- Thanks for letting everyone know!

Steve

WESTVIRGINIAMAPLER
10-14-2009, 09:29 PM
He won't be able to be on here for a while he told me, likely off to rehab after surgery and recovery.

sapman
10-14-2009, 09:36 PM
Jerry IS a wealth of information, and a great guy! I really appreciated the time I had to talk with him last year, and on-going here on the Trader.

Hope all goes well for you, Jerry. Blessings, and all the best for a good surgery and quick recovery.

Tim

brookledge
10-14-2009, 10:19 PM
Hope all goes well for him.
As far as theropy goes being able to spend time on the trader will make him feel better and the time will go by faster. Some one get him a laptop that he can have with him.
Keith

3rdgen.maple
10-14-2009, 10:20 PM
I agree with all of you very nice guy and a wealth of info for all of us. Good luck on the surgery. My gramps had it done in his 60's and I remember him saying he felt like a new man when he woke up. He was his late 80's and never complained once about it. Speedy recovery to you Jerry.

802maple
10-18-2009, 09:46 AM
This the first day that I have felt like working the computer, so I am thanking everyone for the best wishes.
I have already been thru having my left hip replaced and that one went alittle better at the beginning then this one, but I am on the mend now and will be getting to the healing part. I can't wait for it to be all healed up as I am getting stir crazy, as a avid deer hunter as much as a sugarmaker, I miss the woods, but some deer will have to put up with winter this year although there have been a few showing up in the back yard and I have a good view from the couch,who knows.

Thanks again everybody,
Jerry

Russell Lampron
10-18-2009, 01:46 PM
Jerry,

Have somebody else get the deer in the freezer for you if you should happen to get one from the couch. Take care and get healed up in time for sugaring season.

Amber Gold
10-18-2009, 02:05 PM
Best of luck Jerry.

KenWP
10-18-2009, 05:02 PM
My dads cousin is wheel chair bound and he hunts from a van. His wife says either the deer are getting bigger or something as they are getting harder for her to drag to the van. I have deer in the yard but they are safe as sleeping in town or the greenhouse is not a plan right now.

Gary R
10-19-2009, 06:19 AM

Hope things heal up well for you. Good luck on the deer!

802maple
10-19-2009, 08:06 AM
Everything will heal fine and as far as deer hunting goes maybe I will find someone that will take me out road hunting. I have a buddy that probably would take me out in his Lincoln, he seems to have pretty good odds of bagging the big one.LOL

hookhill
10-19-2009, 09:24 AM
Yes Jerry, get better and best of luck to you. You are a great resource for us and we need you back in the game!!

Dave Y
10-19-2009, 09:15 PM
Jerry,
I hope your new hip works out well for you! I can only imagine being laid up like that for an extended period of time. You can look on the bright side of this and be thankful it is not the first week of March! Get well soon

red maples
10-20-2009, 07:20 PM
I was up just north of you last weekend on MT Mansfield. you guys got alot of maples up there WOW and sugarhouses everywhere. I was joking with my wife everytime I saw one I would hit her in the arm like the punch buggy!!!

Good luck and don't worry you'll be up and about and in the woods in no time!!!!