PDA

View Full Version : pan divider hole placement

sponge
10-07-2009, 07:32 PM
I have a 2x4 flat pan that im going to put dividers in but don't have any idea of how big or how high the holes should be. does anyone have any good ideas?
thanks

tuckermtn
10-07-2009, 08:18 PM
not that its a big deal, but how many dividers? The ones on my 2.5' x 2.5' front pan- three dividers- are triangles (one leg along the bottom, one along back,one diag.) approx. 2" per side.

Bucket Head
10-07-2009, 08:25 PM
Sponge,

How are you going to "divide" the pan? Are they going to go back and forth on the 2ft or 4ft dimension of the pan? I guess I would reccomend going with the 4ft direction. That way you would get three or four long sections into the pan. Similar to the front syrup pans on factory made rigs.

I put 3" square holes in mine. Your only going to have what, an inch or two of liquid in it, right? That works on mine.

Maybe some Leader "Half Pint" owners, or some owners of front syrup pans with similar dimensions of your pan will chime in on this.

I'm sure you could do it a few different ways and not be "wrong".

Steve

Haynes Forest Products
10-07-2009, 10:38 PM
Round is not good you want as Tuckermyn said a triangle is best because it gives a nice flat long transfer area on the bottom and it gives good wall support.

sponge
10-08-2009, 05:59 PM
I plan on 3 dividers. the triangle sounds like a good way to go with easy straight line cutting . thanks for the info guys