PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone purchased from Patrick Phaneuf lately?

heus
10-03-2009, 08:37 PM
Just wondering if he has delivered to anyone. Still waiting on my rig which was ordered last March/April. Starting to get impatient. I could see if payment wasn't made in full but I am 100% paid up since April. Do I have any recourse if I wanted to cancel an order? (I'm not to that point yet, just asking).

KenWP
10-03-2009, 10:37 PM
From what I understand he makes up a truck load of evaporators and delivers them all at once when he crosses the line to the big PX. So he hopefully getting close to a full load and will deliver before snow fall. Of course he could also be really behind and it will show up about Mid April.

3rdgen.maple
10-03-2009, 11:09 PM
When He delivered mine last year it was the only one on the trailer. When was delivery date expectation on it Heus? You will get it just not on the delivery date. But when you see it it won't matter anymore. I know some have been disappointed with him but he has treated me very well and taken care of a problem that I had. I know the last time I talked to him he had let a couple welders he had on staff go because they could not weld to his standards so he has been on his own trying to get stuff done and is looking for better welders. I know on mine you gotta look hard and twice to find the which sides of the pans he welded and I still am not sure. Hope it all works out.

heus
10-03-2009, 11:14 PM
3rdgen,
It was originally promised I think 6-8 weeks, then mid summer, then late August early September.

3rdgen.maple
10-03-2009, 11:41 PM
Sounds familiar but it will make it. I know it sucks waiting. Think positive.

Fred Henderson
10-04-2009, 05:25 AM
I ordered in May or June 3 years ago and it never got here until late Oct or Nov. He had two on his truck and trailer (3X8) and they are both still in use. He is his own man and he does everything his way. It will get to you but in his own time frame.

BarrelBoiler
10-04-2009, 07:49 AM
my pans were jan to may with an advertised 4-6week delivery time frame it was nice and shiney when they got here and the stove still isn't built. it got real frustrating and went round the bushes to get here.

BarrelBoiler
10-04-2009, 07:53 AM
CLARIFIACATION! trhe stove problem is mine I haven't gotten around to it yet

heus
10-04-2009, 08:12 AM
I guess the farther away the longer the wait. Ohio is probably the farthest he travels.

Fred Henderson
10-04-2009, 12:19 PM
He is an excellent craftsman but a poor businessman.

heus
10-04-2009, 01:34 PM
Actually he must be a good businessman...Takes forever to get things done and still has a huge demand for his products. Customers happily pay in advance then wait. Kind of like Harley-Davidson in the late 1990's. People waited for 12 months after they ordered a new bike.

marc
10-04-2009, 05:14 PM
I ordered a pan from him in mid April and it showed up in mid September. A little longer than the 4-6 weeks that was advertised, but well worth the wait. As others have said his work is great. I e-mailed him with plans to make another pan, he said he would. I hope he gets it to me in time for a test boil. When you do get yours I think you will be pleased.

KenWP
10-04-2009, 06:43 PM
One key word you guys haven't mentioned. He's French. When I was going to move here from Alberta this Quebecois told me the first thing I had to learn to do was slow down as people here tend to put things off till tomorrow or next week or next month. You can apply for a job here and never hear squat for months and then one day they phone you and say that they just read your CV and wonder if your still intrested.
I am not really getting slowed down enough just yeat for their speed. I get frustrated every time I go in a store and am going thru the check out. Takes for ever especially when your in a hurry.

heus
10-04-2009, 06:50 PM
Ken,
I here what you are saying. I go fishing in Quebec every summer, and it seems like over half of the small town where I go doesn't work. They all still live in decent homes, though.

Greg Morin
10-04-2009, 07:47 PM
I ordered a pan on aug 31 hope to see it before spring!

Brent
10-04-2009, 08:14 PM
I sent my preheater back for repairs several weeks ago. He told me I should send it ASAP because he was "going to get busy in a few weeks"

Unfortunately I sent the syrup pan back so he could make a duplicate for me.
I'm not biting my nails yet, but ....

Anyway, when you get the rig, you'll love it. He does the best stianless work I've seen. Some of our customers do aircraft work and he beats their work.

3rdgen.maple
10-04-2009, 10:20 PM
We might have to ask Ken this question but is there a chance 6to8 weeks in canadian means 6to8 months in american?:lol:

KenWP
10-05-2009, 07:27 AM
Well we do have bigger gallons and fish and of course DEER so maybe our weeks are longer also.

3rdgen.maple
10-05-2009, 04:06 PM
yep and bigger alcohal content in beer:D which is probably the reason your fish and deer seem bigger.

red maples
10-05-2009, 06:57 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol:

heus
10-27-2009, 09:17 PM
I am still waiting on my 2x6 ordered in late March/early April. My buddies think I have been taken and it has gotten to be somewhat of a joke to them.

Grade "A"
10-28-2009, 05:14 AM
Heus, I don't think he is a crook. I think he has more work than he can handle. I would email him to find out when it will be done. He told me I would have mine in 2 months form when I ordered and it took 4 month before it came, but I was emailing him every other week. The squeaky wheel gets the grease.

cncaboose
10-28-2009, 07:26 AM
Heus, He's right on schedule for PHaneuf time. You should see it in Nov some time. The only trouble then is getting it bricked when it's cold out. I ordered mine in the spring too and it showed up mid-Nov. I was sure I would be kissing my money goodbye too.

KenWP
10-28-2009, 05:42 PM
Just remember he's on French time and you don't want to tick him off. I live with a french woman and believe me they don't do nothing upset. If he was closer I would drive over and say bonjour for you guys but its a couple hours drive or more over there.

red maples
10-28-2009, 06:35 PM
see ken you can speak french...you said bonjour!!!

:lol:

KenWP
10-28-2009, 06:52 PM
Don't want to confuse you guys. I can say a lot more then that.

Greg Morin
10-28-2009, 08:13 PM
I ordered mine aug 30th emailed this weekend he is supposed to b[PHP]e shipping it this week?

Brent
11-12-2009, 10:18 AM
Well guys I have to update my experience with Patrick. I got a 2 x 6 from him that had some real issues with the pre-heater hood not collecting the condesation and dumping down the drain pipe.

Eventually he told me to ship it back to him and he would repair it. Like the other guys waiting on his work, it took longer than expected, but today I got the repaired hood back. Looks like a good fix and I think he will make future hoods problem free.

It took forever but he kept his word and made the repairs.:)

Greg Morin
11-29-2009, 05:06 PM
My pan arrived it is simply beautiful and well worth the wait !

heus
11-29-2009, 06:11 PM
Still waiting.

Z/MAN
12-05-2009, 06:47 PM
I received my 2x3 pan and preheater from Patrick last Friday. After waiting since early September, I was too sick with the flu to even open it till Monday.:(
After finally unpacking it I did find one drawoff port slightly damaged in shipping, it was bent and the bottom of the pan was slightly bent also. There was no damage on the outside of the package but the packing material was compressed on the inside from impact. I called Patrick and asked him about trying to straighten it. He asked me to send him pictures first. After viewing the pics he agreed with me about installing a nipple into the port and bending it back down while tapping the bottom of the pan with a rubber mallet. I did just that today and it came out like new.
I have to say that this pan was packaged very well and had to be dropped hard somewhere in transit. Patrick told me that this is about the best he can package this size pan. To pack it better would mean packing it in a wood crate and that would put the shipping price out of site with customs.
Now for the pan itself. If you have never seen his work you are missing seeing something amazing. The bending and welding is fantastic! This is not a pan that was bent and welded with dividers installed. It is actually three (3) pans welded together. It was after carefully studying the pan that I finally figured out how he did it. The pans are welded together at the top of the dividers and you really cannot tell that they are welded! Simply amazing!!
I bought from Patrick because of the comments here on the trader about his work. Yes, it took 3 months to get it. Yes, it was about twice the time he told me. And YES, I couldn't be any happier!!:D I would highly recommend buying from Patrick, just don't be in a hurry.
Now to get started on building my arch.
Paul

MaplePancakeMan
12-07-2009, 04:30 PM
Patrick is a great guy and craftsmanship is far beyond that i have seen. My only problem is that i've had a few problems with his warranty but oh well partly my fault as well. i should have realized sooner then later the problems.

I ordered in Mid September a 2x6 and i got it Feb 19th at 1am i had already tapped trees and sold the sap to a friend. I had to brick it in the cold, knowing that it would have to be re done in the spring but it was far better then the stove!

heus
12-07-2009, 04:41 PM
Patrick delivered it yesterday. Beautiful. I will have some questions for you guys with the same rig (2x6 deluxe raised flue)