PDA

View Full Version : maple donuts

twobears1224
10-03-2009, 07:29 PM
i,am craving a good maple donut and i can,t seem to find any in the local stores...anybody have a good recipe for them?/ or favorite recipe??
i,ve never made my own.i,am thinking the frosting would be made like maple cream?

delbert

Fred Henderson
10-03-2009, 07:52 PM
One of the stops on the NYS maple tour they had home made donuts and we put on all the maple cream we wanted to.

Amber Gold
10-10-2009, 06:22 PM
I found a recipe in a vermont maple cookbook. when I get a chance I'll copy it down and post it.

One of the stops on the NYS maple tour they had home made donuts and we put on all the maple cream we wanted to.

sapman
10-10-2009, 08:03 PM

That cream was the best I've had! I was piling it on so as to enjoy before getting to the donut. I assume it came from Parkers, since they have a great machine, and know how to make the "good stuff".

Tim

red maples
10-13-2009, 11:04 AM
I'll take a copy of that recipe, too!!!

twobears1224
10-13-2009, 07:36 PM
i found a donut recipe i like but the frosting wasn,t what i wanted or liked.
i,ve searched the web high and low and most donuts just use maple favoring for the coating..thats a sin!!

delbert

C.Wilcox
10-14-2009, 12:14 PM
twobears-

The Vermont Maple Cookbook has the following (slightly geographically biased) doughnut glaze recipe:

3/4 cup pure Vermont Maple Sugar
1/4 cup water (better use pure Vermont water to be safe...)
1/2 tsp. vanilla

Gradually add water to sugar and vanilla until the mixture is smooth and of right consistency.

Not a whole lot to it really. Let us know how it turns out if you try it.