PDA

View Full Version : antique taps

thenewguy
09-28-2009, 12:45 PM
anyone out there have any antique taps sitting around? I'm starting a collection of different taps and always looking for different ones. Anyone else have a tap collection? Wooden or cast?

Thompson's Tree Farm
09-28-2009, 01:46 PM
I have a board mounted in the sugar house with about 25 different taps on it. They vary from wooden ones requiring an one inch hole to cast ones requiring a 3/4 inch hole to some needing a 1/2 inch hole etc etc all the way to the health spouts I am using now. This reminds me, I am starting to use some stubbies this year so I will have to mount a stubby and an adapter to my display.

JoeJ
09-28-2009, 04:03 PM
I collect old spouts. I have what I think is a pretty good collection of about 120 different ones including variations. Send me a PM with your email address and I will give you some more information.

I wouldn't mind hearing from anyone else that collects spouts too.

Joe

hurryhill
11-28-2009, 03:44 PM
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm. Did you know that "spile" is a derivative of the word "spill?"
Someone who has high speed, a good collection and a bit of time to post pics of spiles (with corresponding numbers) and wants to trade, should do that. I have a decent collection of spiles but am always looking for my new maple museum at Hurry Hill Farm here in Edinboro PA - we could all look at those pics and trade - sort of like baseball cards!! Two elderberry for one sumac!!

Here's hoping for snow,

Jan Woods
Hurry Hill Farm Edinboro PA
4'x16' Leader Special
no electric and 800 on buckets

WESTVIRGINIAMAPLER
11-30-2009, 05:02 PM
Ebay is a good source!